The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,061  
WOW!! what an adventure. Just finished all 206 pages since Sunday... Its a sad day. You have to start another large project quickly, kinda like a sequel to your first "book".
Its amazing what you have accomplished in building your home. I do envy you.

Also everyone that offered opinions,guidance, and help. Gotta love this country.

Job well done.
Bill

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,062  
Rick,
Yes, an electronic gate is in order. I have folks driving in all times at night even with the fence posts up. I need one of those push button gates. Nothing stops 4 wheelers like fencing. Seems folks now a days can not read signs.
hugs, Brandi

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,063  
Some 4 wheelers cut the fence on my dad's farm so they could ride their 4 wheelers on his property. My dad found out about it when he got a call from the sherrif that my dad's cows were on the interstate that borders the back of the farm.

I let the 4 wheelers ride on our property. I'm not thrilled about it but they haven't been too bad. Also, the traffic has gone down since we moved onsite. I do stop anyone I find on the property and talk to them and give them a few rules. As long as they respect the property, I don't mind sharing. I realize that I do take some risks in doing so. I just hope that what goes around comes around.

Obed

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,064  
Hey My Old Friend, tis better to sit around a few days or weeks so that we can here some more great stories of your life with family in them there hills of Tennessee. Best wishes for a full recovery.
Ross :newhere:

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,065  
Thanks Bill, it's a long read for sure.

Ross it's about time you signed up.....can I help you pick out a new tractor?:D I have yet to pull that Linberry Cart out and re-furb it....should get started on it in a few weeks. I have some Sassafras that I planed and kiln dried for the top...the stuff is beautiful. It was mixed in with that Cherry I used for the kitchen cabinets....not sure how that happened since I am the one that cut and loaded the Cherry:confused:

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,066  
Brandi & Obed, yes they do go on my "East 40" and I don't make a big deal about it. But I just don't want them on the West side of my place going up my driveway or near the house. We(us & the 3 neighbors) already have a gate with Mighty Mule opener on it on our side of the bridge. I wanted to close it all the time but got overruled so it has only been closed at night. After these last two incidents, I think I have everyone convinced to shut the thing 24/7. 90% of residential burglarys and thefts occur during daylight hours............

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,067  
Wandering around on posted property in BDU's carrying a sack is not a recipe for longevity. Hope the leg heals up soon.

On a security side note...the wireless IP cameras are getting pretty darn cheap. Most of them will email a picture when they detect motion. There are more features than can be gotten into here. I am studying them right now. Under a hundred bucks each. The main drawback is they require a 5VDC source. Under a porch roof on the house would be no problem. If you wanted a remote camera a 5 VDC voltage regulator, a small solar panel and a gel cell battery would work well. I will let you know what I decide on. The video below will give you a taste of what they can do. There are weather proof units available. That one is not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bRNLW9NMM0

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,068  
Hey Rick,
Just finished reading through your entire thread. Wow, what a great project and what perseverance! Hope that shin injury is healing quickly for you. I noticed you mentioned Southeastern. Did you work there or graduate from there? That is my old Alma Mater. Graduated in 1972. Time flies when you are having fun. Are you going to create a thread for your barn build?
You rock man.
Mike

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,069  
Hey Rick,
Just finished reading through your entire thread. Wow, what a great project and what perseverance! Hope that shin injury is healing quickly for you. I noticed you mentioned Southeastern. Did you work there or graduate from there? That is my old Alma Mater. Graduated in 1972. Time flies when you are having fun. Are you going to create a thread for your barn build?
You rock man.
Mike

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,070  
On a security side note...the wireless IP cameras are getting pretty darn cheap. mike have any links, I just found a load of horse%$&^ dropped off in our turn around. I want to give the present back :)