The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #981  
I will definitely use tie beams to keep the walls nice and straight! I am hoping the rain holds off next week so I can get all my beams cut on my Woodmizer. I have an LT40 not the hydraulic version. Not to bad to work since I load it with the root grapple on my skid steer or my Bobcat 341 excavator. If I did not have those two machines i would need a lot of help on that machine. I will try to develop the patience with my project that I have seen you use with yours.
Wish me good luck.

Ultraglide62

/ The Log house Project begins........
The 40 is a great mill, if you have a Logrite cant hook, life will be easier. I have a 60" and the Megahook...78"....makes big logs whimper:
LogRite Mega Hook 78"

Progress...another "deck in a day"...did I mention I love doing decks???:laughing:

6x6 piers:
Rugerfrontporch022.jpg

main joists:
Rugerfrontporch024.jpg

cross joists:
Rugerfrontporch026.jpg

/ The Log house Project begins........ #985  
I am assuming the piers were done prior to the deck construction. At any date that is a serious amount of work in one day by yourself. Looking good.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #986  
Did you use 2x6's for the cross joist ?............very nice work :thumbsup:

/ The Log house Project begins........ #987  
Nailed down:
Rugerfrontporch027.jpg

Motor.....I can't begin to tell you how much I admire what you have done...most of it by yourself. It has to be a labor of love and you cut and milled your own lumber....I mean that is the kind of thing that made our country great...now if there was just more of it...

Really great achievement and you should be really proud...Thanks for sharing your experience. Happy Easter. :thumbsup:

/ The Log house Project begins........ #988  
I looked back and saw you had do ne the piers earlier. All I hav e with me is my android:)

Did you use 2x6's for the cross joist ?............very nice work :thumbsup:

No, all deck lumber on this side is 2x8. I have gotten away from using 2x6's since grade quality has gone down...too many knots makes them weak. I also found that per square foot, 2x8's cost the same and some times are cheaper. The lower grade does not structurally effect a 2x8 like it does a 2x6.

Thanks Brin, happy egg day to you too! I actually had a neighbor drop by...you can't drop by here for long without working:laughing: So I did have some help for a couple of hrs.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #990  
Are you planing on underpinning the deck you just built? If so. With what.