At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #3,841  
I've liked using the new ramps I built with the ramp ends. It's easier to load the mower into the truck bed than onto a trailer. When using the truck bed, in don't need to chain down the mower like I would need to do when using the trailer. Because of the bend in the ramp boards, I don't sit on the mower when loading and unloading. It's easy to maneuver the HST pedal with one hand and steer with the other hand while standing on the ground.

Obed

You REALLY need to reinforce those ramps. 1 2x by itself is not enough, and the price of failure could be ugly in equipment damage and injury. A point to keep in mind is that even though a 2x may be rated for enough load in general from the tables, the individual boards you have were probably not graded to that level and a defect or damage can weaken them.

Reinforce them before you use them again. Seriously. Get a 2x4, cut it short and maybe taper the bottom edge and screw it to the underside of the ramp with a handful of those RSS or SPAX screws (the self-tapping timber screws with large washer heads) driven through the top of the ramp. I can find them in our local Menards (like HD) and Fleet Farm. They work great for stuff like this.

/ At Home In The Woods #3,843  
I took a look at it. Just like I said the only places by law as of 2-3 years ago is airports, marinas, and co-ops for off road use. The closest place to me is 90 miles. I just run 100LL aviation fuel in my 2 stroke stuff now. Lawn mower and genny get 10% crap.

They also must have 2% bio in our diesel. Stupid laws made by stupid people. Being a farming state they want to take care of their own.

Chris

Sorry that you can't source it.

Chris

/ At Home In The Woods
#3,844  
This weekend I was able to use my utility trailer for the first time. We moved a bunch of stuff from the basement to the attic. My wife asked me to move 3 packs of roofing shingles into the attic. I moved the shingles while I complained that "I'm too old for this."

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120130_210629.png
    ForumRunner_20120130_210629.png
    502.3 KB · Views: 257
  • ForumRunner_20120130_210655.png
    ForumRunner_20120130_210655.png
    460.4 KB · Views: 245
  • ForumRunner_20120130_210720.png
    ForumRunner_20120130_210720.png
    200.2 KB · Views: 657
  • ForumRunner_20120130_210735.png
    ForumRunner_20120130_210735.png
    242.8 KB · Views: 220
   / At Home In The Woods #3,845  
This weekend I was able to use my utility trailer for the first time. We moved a bunch of stuff from the basement to the attic. My wife asked me to move 3 packs of roofing shingles into the attic. I moved the shingles while I complained that "I'm too old for this."

Carrying bundles up attic stairs?? That definitely couldn't have been fun....

/ At Home In The Woods #3,847  
Also won't they just glue themselves together on the first hot sunny day?

Yes they will. I would remove the shingles from the attic and put them in the basement. They will be one solid mass once the heat warms up the adhesive patches.

/ At Home In The Woods #3,850  
Yes they will. I would remove the shingles from the attic and put them in the basement. They will be one solid mass once the heat warms up the adhesive patches.

I agree, for the life of me, I cant figure out why obed wants it in attic?!