Page 387 of 592 FirstFirst ... 287337377384385386387388389390397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 5920
    Tractor
    John Deere 4210 FEL BH

Quote Originally Posted by radioman
    sure looks a little full. I bet if you had your BH back on picutured in background, you might not be that high up .

Looks like it's time for you to get a pallet mover for your 3pt. You would be able to pick up more without tires up in air.
    (yup! spending your money again )
    Yes or having my box blade attached to the tractor would help. If I had a trailer hitch receiver built into the box blade, I would rarely need to remove the box blade. I miss not having the BB on the tractor as a counter weight.

Obed
    John Deere 4210 (28 HP) FEL, BH, 6' Box Blade, Loader Forks

At Home In the Woods

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200, Gravely mower

Default Re: At Home In The Woods

Obed - You could get a ballast box. That would give you a place to keep things like chainsaw and all the accessories that go with it.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Or like the other guy suggested 3pt pallet forks. You could probably easily lift close to or over 2000lbs with a pallet mover. There probly $150is dollars??
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Obed View Post
    I cut and split more wood today. My pallet was a little bit too full.

We are having a cold snap. Temps are in the mid-20s and dropping. We are really enjoying the fireplace!
    Obed....Thanks for the picture..You make me feel better...I just bought some clamp on pallet forks for my FEL and was cautioned by TBN members to be careful since they could bend my bucket...but looking at what you have done gives me confidence...
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    John Deere 5045

Obed...I have a 2 story house as well. My house also has seamless guttering, which makes it tough to put a ladder against it. I use the fel to access roof. I get in my wife or son drives me close then I step out and step on. The fel also is handy when cleaning out the gutters.

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//Komatsu D38//Cub Volunteer//Cub SZ60/CAT 289C/CAT 308

I cut and split more wood today. My pallet was a little bit too full.

Obed -

Looks like a good opportunity to check for tranny leaks.....

Watch out you don't bend that bucket!! Don't ask me how i know.....

Tractor
    John Deere 4210 FEL BH

Quote Originally Posted by Bkwoods
    Obed...I have a 2 story house as well. My house also has seamless guttering, which makes it tough to put a ladder against it. I use the fel to access roof. I get in my wife or son drives me close then I step out and step on. The fel also is handy when cleaning out the gutters.
    Bkwoods,
    How does the FEL help you clean out the gutters?

At Home In the Woods

Tractor
    John Deere 4210 FEL BH

Quote Originally Posted by brin

Obed....Thanks for the picture..You make me feel better...I just bought some clamp on pallet forks for my FEL and was cautioned by TBN members to be careful since they could bend my bucket...but looking at what you have done gives me confidence...
    brin,
    Keep in mind that my forks are a little different than yours. Mine don't clamp on; they are attached to the FEL using a chain that is wrapped around the bucket to distribute the force on the bucket. The clamp on forks put all the force on one small place on the bucket instead of distributing the weight. I have never worried about bending my bucket with my chained on forks. I have found my FEL bucket is much stronger than my FEL's hydraulics.

Obed

At Home In the Woods

Tractor
    John Deere 4210 FEL BH

Quote Originally Posted by scoutcub

Obed -

Looks like a good opportunity to check for tranny leaks.....

Watch out you don't bend that bucket!! Don't ask me how i know.....
    I have to say that now I want to hear the story...

At Home In the Woods

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//Komatsu D38//Cub Volunteer//Cub SZ60/CAT 289C/CAT 308

I have to say that now I want to hear the story...
    Not much to it, I have a set of clamp on forks that I used to move something heavy....it did move it, but after I finished it I noticed the forks were bent....upon further inspection I noticed the bucket had a wee bit of a smiley face on it....

BTW, place is looking great!

Frank

Page 387 of 592 FirstFirst ... 287337377384385386387388389390397437487 ... LastLast