At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods
#3,861  
radioman said:
:laughing: sure looks a little full. I bet if you had your BH back on picutured in background, you might not be that high up . :laughing:

Looks like it's time for you to get a pallet mover for your 3pt. You would be able to pick up more without tires up in air.:thumbsup:
(yup! spending your money again :p)
Yes or having my box blade attached to the tractor would help. If I had a trailer hitch receiver built into the box blade, I would rarely need to remove the box blade. I miss not having the BB on the tractor as a counter weight.

Obed

/ At Home In The Woods #3,862  
Obed - You could get a ballast box. That would give you a place to keep things like chainsaw and all the accessories that go with it.

/ At Home In The Woods #3,863  
Or like the other guy suggested 3pt pallet forks. You could probably easily lift close to or over 2000lbs with a pallet mover. There probly $150is dollars??

/ At Home In The Woods #3,864  
I cut and split more wood today. My pallet was a little bit too full.

attachment.php

We are having a cold snap. Temps are in the mid-20s and dropping. We are really enjoying the fireplace!

Obed....Thanks for the picture..You make me feel better...I just bought some clamp on pallet forks for my FEL and was cautioned by TBN members to be careful since they could bend my bucket...but looking at what you have done gives me confidence...:)

/ At Home In The Woods #3,865  
Obed...I have a 2 story house as well. My house also has seamless guttering, which makes it tough to put a ladder against it. I use the fel to access roof. I get in my wife or son drives me close then I step out and step on. The fel also is handy when cleaning out the gutters.

/ At Home In The Woods #3,866  
I cut and split more wood today. My pallet was a little bit too full.

attachment.php

Obed -

Looks like a good opportunity to check for tranny leaks.....:laughing::D:laughing:

Watch out you don't bend that bucket!! Don't ask me how i know.....:eek:

/ At Home In The Woods
#3,867  
Bkwoods said:
Obed...I have a 2 story house as well. My house also has seamless guttering, which makes it tough to put a ladder against it. I use the fel to access roof. I get in my wife or son drives me close then I step out and step on. The fel also is handy when cleaning out the gutters.
Bkwoods,
How does the FEL help you clean out the gutters?

/ At Home In The Woods
#3,868  
brin said:
Obed....Thanks for the picture..You make me feel better...I just bought some clamp on pallet forks for my FEL and was cautioned by TBN members to be careful since they could bend my bucket...but looking at what you have done gives me confidence...:)
brin,
Keep in mind that my forks are a little different than yours. Mine don't clamp on; they are attached to the FEL using a chain that is wrapped around the bucket to distribute the force on the bucket. The clamp on forks put all the force on one small place on the bucket instead of distributing the weight. I have never worried about bending my bucket with my chained on forks. I have found my FEL bucket is much stronger than my FEL's hydraulics.

Obed

/ At Home In The Woods
#3,869  
scoutcub said:
Obed -

Looks like a good opportunity to check for tranny leaks.....:laughing::D:laughing:

Watch out you don't bend that bucket!! Don't ask me how i know.....:eek:
I have to say that now I want to hear the story...

/ At Home In The Woods #3,870  
I have to say that now I want to hear the story...

Not much to it, I have a set of clamp on forks that I used to move something heavy....it did move it, but after I finished it I noticed the forks were bent....upon further inspection I noticed the bucket had a wee bit of a smiley face on it....:(

BTW, place is looking great!

Frank