At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,261  
Thats sweet take him up on it, and take 2 there always better with a freind. We have 7!! Wife is a vet assistant, they keep fining their way home with her.
We had a friend who cut dog's hair for her living. She had 10 cats and a whole bunch of dogs. She just couldn't say no when a dog or cat needed an owner.

I have a cousin who had over 20 cats. Fortunately, most of them were kept outside. She is now finally trying to trim the numbers down to a reasonable level.
Obed

/ At Home In The Woods #4,262  
I wonder if on the railing rods a good shot of clear chalk before inserting the rod would cause it to fill any voids to protect against water? I think an 1/8 hole would just clog itself up in no time.

MarkV

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,264  
I finished installing the shutters around one of the two dining room windows. It took 5+ drill bits to drill 12 holes in the stone.

For the remaining window in the stone, I want to try to drill into the mortar if at all possible like I did for the shutters on the brick veneer walls. When attaching the shutters to the brick, I drilled 48 holes in the mortar using one drill bit and the bit was still usable.

Attachments

• IMG_3279.JPG
    IMG_3279.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3281.JPG
    IMG_3281.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 123
   / At Home In The Woods #4,265  
Try using some water to help the bit out. A helper with a squirt bottle can apply a little squirt of water every 20 sec or so in the hole that will help. Make sure your drill is plugged into a GFI outlet to be safe, but the amount of water I'm talking about here is pretty small so the risk is low. All outside outlets need to be GFI anyways, so you should be fine by default.

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,266  
Try using some water to help the bit out. A helper with a squirt bottle can apply a little squirt of water every 20 sec or so in the hole that will help. Make sure your drill is plugged into a GFI outlet to be safe, but the amount of water I'm talking about here is pretty small so the risk is low. All outside outlets need to be GFI anyways, so you should be fine by default.

I tried dipping the bit in water every 10 or 20 sec but I was unable to notice any difference.

276875d1344962041-home-woods-img_3272.jpg

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,267  
Look What Showed Up

In less than a week after our old cat died, look what showed up at our house yesterday. We haven't fed it. It was crying on our back porch all evening yesterday. Finally I doused it with a cup of water twice to get it to leave when I went to bed. Our windows were open and the cat wouldn't shut up. Today it is on our back porch again.

IMG_3297.JPGIMG_3299.JPG

/ At Home In The Woods #4,268  
Look What Showed Up

In less than a week after our old cat died, look what showed up at our house yesterday. We haven't fed it. It was crying on our back porch all evening yesterday. Finally I doused it with a cup of water twice to get it to leave when I went to bed. Our windows were open and the cat wouldn't shut up. Today it is on our back porch again.

View attachment 277690View attachment 277691

Our cat, Cleo, showed up under our deck years ago and I fed her and gave her water....she left and came back with one kitten after another until she had brought all 6 of her kittens to our house...She became part of the family that night and lived for another 16 yrs. or so....I think I posted about her on this thread or another...she was a part of the family and the night she died she sat in my lap for a long time and walked all around the back of my neck and cuddled real close and then she wanted out..., she always wanted to sleep outside but stayed inside all day, anyway the next morning we found her dead in her bed in the shop where she liked to sleep...she must have been saying goodbye to me....I hope you consider taking the cat in....maybe your deceased cat sent this cat...Hey who knows about these things....Not me for sure...LOL - Oh and with this cat you will have mouse and varmint control again....they are worth their weight for that alone.

Last edited:
   / At Home In The Woods #4,269  
That is an amazing coincidence.......Long ago we had a cat that turned out to be half wild...Smart....Of course we fed it and it would permit a bit of affection if hungry.....There was no way to domesticate it, so either appreciate it for what it was or tough luck.....Unfortunately it just would not stay in the house, and just disappeared one day......Good memories of it though.....and strangely it kept `moles` in check...Tony

/ At Home In The Woods #4,270  
There must be a reason-perhaps they were friends