Page 438 of 597 FirstFirst ... 338388428435436437438439440441448488538 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 5970
    Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Default Re: At Home In The Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Obed View Post
    Yes, I already have leaves all over the yard again. But that's ok. Sitting on lawn mower is much more fun than raking.
    Obed
    Obed, I agree with Jim, I have bermuda grass and keep it cut at no higher than an inch....I don't know what kind of grass you have ---Is it Fescue ? I have found the higher the grass is left the more disease it will encounter and as Jim said it will hold the leaves....Just a thought...sure does look pretty ..you have a great stand of grass..
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    John Deere 4210 FEL BH

My wife made some gardnenia cuttings from some bushes at one of the offices where she works. She planted them beside the front porch. She did not think we had deep enough topsoil in that area. So she scraped off the existing leaf mulch and topsoil, removed some red clay to about a 1 foot depth, then added more topsoil. She planted a couple gardenias and reapplied the leaf mulch around them.

I used the wheelbarrow to cart off the red clay to a dirt pile. We had a little help with the backhoe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails At Home In The Woods-img_3491-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3493-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3496-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3498-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3499-small-jpg  

At Home In The Woods-img_3501-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3502-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3513-jpg  
    John Deere 4210 (28 HP) FEL, BH, 6' Box Blade, Loader Forks

At Home In the Woods

Tractor
    John Deere 4210 FEL BH

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    Obed, I agree with Jim, I have bermuda grass and keep it cut at no higher than an inch....I don't know what kind of grass you have ---Is it Fescue ? I have found the higher the grass is left the more disease it will encounter and as Jim said it will hold the leaves....Just a thought...sure does look pretty ..you have a great stand of grass..
    Bob,
    Yes, it is fescue. I've debated cutting it short but am nervous to cut it that short while it is still so new. Maybe it doesn't matter. I don't have much experience with growing grass.
    Obed

At Home In the Woods

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

I am no grass expert and you would know it if you looked at my yard. From what I read 3+" is the best for fescue. I cut at 3 1/2 during the hotter months and 3 during the cooler months. I also read that as new as your grass is you want to protect the developing root system by leaving it on the longer side. Hey, I read it on the inter-net so it has to be true, right.

MarkV

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Yes fescue is a bunch grass, which means what it sounds like. It needs to be kept taller one so that that dark color is had but also so that it does not look bare, as it grows from clumps unline a running grass like bermuda that has runner shoots and blades going everywhere.

It is a fickle and expensive grass to maintain from what i understand. From what i understand it likes water and fertilizer to stay healthy.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    John Deere 4210 FEL BH

Fall Pictures
    I've enjoyed the fall colors tremendously this year. It helps not to have a bunch of projects with deadlines hanging over my head so I can look up and smell the roses. This is the last week of daylight savings time. Getting stuff done outside slows down this time of year with the shorter days. I guess there's a reason things are designed this way.

At Home In The Woods-img_3510-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails At Home In The Woods-img_3505-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3504-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3490-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3512-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3511-jpg  

At Home In The Woods-img_3510-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3508-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3507-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3506-jpg   At Home In The Woods-img_3453-jpg  

At Home In The Woods-img_3452-jpg  

At Home In the Woods

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Just beautiful Obed....I am surprised to see no snow...I thought I heard on the news this AM that Gatlinberg...Tenn..the Smokey's got 22" of Snow....
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B6100DT

Somewhere in WV got 33" !!!

Dan C.
    B6100DT, FEL, BH

Tractor
    2007 Kubota L3400

Quote Originally Posted by Danno1

Somewhere in WV got 33" !!!

Elkins. Wv.
    "A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago there is no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life."
    Gen James Amos, Commandant of the Marine Corps.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor,SC CWP instructor, NRA,USPSA, Marine Corps Association, and Marine Corps League Member. I support the 2nd Amendment, don't you?

Gold Member

Those are some great pictures....Be careful not to cut the red ones by accident The place has a maturing look about it, shows all you and your wife`s hard work.......Tony

Page 438 of 597 FirstFirst ... 338388428435436437438439440441448488538 ... LastLast