At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #5,011  
Well i was wrong or at least at some point i was wrong. I just assumed it was not to code, or either read it somewhere i cant remember now??

But in my head i was not to worried about it for the reason DStig wrote. I doubt any one of my outlets will see 20A unless its an ARc or something, or i have 2 commercial sanders on that one outlet, which due to plug size is impossible, you would have to have them on 1 extention cord or something really strange, then the cord would be overloaded so anyway?

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,012  
Actually 15a outlets are allowed on 20a circuits in single family residential. It is (or at least was) an allowed code exception in the NEC as they realize it is extremely rare to draw over 15a from one outlet but having a 20A circuit allows you a bit more headroom to avoid nuisance trips. It isn't anything I would call a real hazard, but if you are using a particular outlet for a regular 20a load, it would probably make sense to swap it out for a heavier duty commercial grade 20A one as it will be more durable and up to the rating for heavier use.
Dave,
The outlet I am using for the welder is an outside outlet hooked to a ground fault circuit. If I get real curious, I might open up the outlet and see what it is rated. I'm not sure when I will get curious enough though. I might get curious enough if I burn up the existing outlet.
Obed

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,013  
I mowed the yard for the first time this season. The mower performed extremely well with the new belt and tension spring.

IMG_0453.JPG IMG_0451.JPG

It's nice to not get behind on mowing the yard like I did last year when my mower didn't work at the beginning of the season. Here's what the first mowing looked like last year.

IMG_2818.JPG

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,014  
As others have noted, yes, you can get a mapp/propane torch. I've got one, and it really is quite a bit hotter than straight propane. Also get one with a swirl tip. I think all the mapp torches have one. My mapp torch with the swirl burner seesm to run hotter even with propane than my strait flame torch.

I prefer the torch on a hose like this one, it never fails the cylinder is always in the way, so having a tip you can move independently helps in a lot of cases.
jdonovan,
Thanks for the tip. I can see the advantages of having a hose so you can get the torch into tight places for soldering plumbing. Last night I ordered the torch you suggested off Amazon.com.
Obed

/ At Home In The Woods #5,016  
You need the yellow/tune muffs, obed. :thumbsup:

Hey Jay, while you are under-employed, could you begin rendering the shop Obed will be building? :cool2:

Jay, I visited your website, very nice stuff. More people ought to realize they can optimize and reduce their space requirements, and add beauty at the same time with custom cabinetry.

/ At Home In The Woods #5,017  
:laughing: I'm not sure if I should be flattered or pizzed Dave. :laughing: Bastid. :laughing:

/ At Home In The Woods #5,018  
That's a LOT of laughing, ain't it? I must be pizzzed. :D

(Not really).

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,019  
dave1949 said:
Hey Jay, while you are under-employed, could you begin rendering the shop Obed will be building? :cool2:
Dave and Jay, I got a real laugh out of that.

Now that you mention it, I did make a comment to my wife the other day about a possible location for a tractor shed. Dave, is my house bugged?
Obed