At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #5,341  
obed don't underestimate your posts
many tbn'ers look forward to them because of the honesty felt through them

glad you're back
we can now relax

/ At Home In The Woods #5,343  
Hey Obed. I have never seen one of those deer things before. Is it what it looks like, a sprinkler hooked to a motion detector? I guess it works, or you wouldn't be using it again. My garden is fenced, but we still had trouble with the coons eating the banana cantaloupes. Next year I might check into your setup. If it works for us, we will have more of this.

004.jpg059.jpg063.jpg

And less of this.

018.jpg

They ate the last two about a week ago. I had got used to eating cantaloupe for breakfast every morning, so I hated to see them go.

/ At Home In The Woods #5,344  
Those deer scarecrows are a great idea, were did you get them and what is the cost. Thanks

Dave

/ At Home In The Woods #5,345  
Dave try amazon. There usually the cheapest on most stuff, have almost everything, ship for free and you don't have to leave the house and it shows up at your door!!

/ At Home In The Woods #5,346  
OK I just looked for you. Type in "motion detector sprinkler" they start at $48 with free shipping. Not saying that's the cheapest but there is a starting point. Also try eBay, another of my go to places. Its easier for me to buy online than an hour or two round trip plus gas cost.

/ At Home In The Woods #5,347  
So glad everything is fine! We..(ok it was all Jay's idea) might have went a tad overboard (ok so it was fun at Jay's expense).

All secrets are safe :)

Welcome back!!

/ At Home In The Woods #5,348  
OK I just looked for you. Type in "motion detector sprinkler" they start at $48 with free shipping. Not saying that's the cheapest but there is a starting point. Also try eBay, another of my go to places. Its easier for me to buy online than an hour or two round trip plus gas cost.

Thanks for the info clemsonfor.

Dave

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,349  
Hey Obed. I have never seen one of those deer things before. Is it what it looks like, a sprinkler hooked to a motion detector? I guess it works, or you wouldn't be using it again. My garden is fenced, but we still had trouble with the coons eating the banana cantaloupes. Next year I might check into your setup. If it works for us, we will have more of this.

View attachment 333594View attachment 333596View attachment 333597

And less of this.

View attachment 333598

They ate the last two about a week ago. I had got used to eating cantaloupe for breakfast every morning, so I hated to see them go.
Larro,
Bummer about the coons. I describe here the specific devices we have used with success for two summers. The places we bought them from are referenced in the links. Yes the Scarecrow sprinkler is just a water sprinkler with a motion detector. Last fall we bought another after we broke the first one. The prices appear to drop significantly in the fall if you search for Scarecrow sprinklers on Amazon.

Obed

/ At Home In The Woods #5,350  
Larro,
Bummer about the coons. I describe here the specific devices we have used with success for two summers. The places we bought them from are referenced in the links. Yes the Scarecrow sprinkler is just a water sprinkler with a motion detector. Last fall we bought another after we broke the first one. The prices appear to drop significantly in the fall if you search for Scarecrow sprinklers on Amazon.

Obed

Thanks for the info. {I still haven't read the whole thread, but I'm working on it} I will check on prices. It looks like it would have the added value of keeping the cats off my car. That would be worth the money just to watch.

We spent about $120 on two rolls of dog wire, and have half of the second roll still unused. Using the steel posts, it is simple to take down in the fall. Or, like I did when I added melons, make your garden bigger. Since my BIL works at Lowe's, I get a good price on stuff. I will have to check and see if they carry the motion detector sprinkler. But even with his savings, it would most likely still be cheaper online.