At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #5,362  
I need to get me one of those Do-rags, they make some with a cooler built in where you put it in the fridge or freezer. Not sure how those work.

Do-rag is superior to turban. (sp?)

/ At Home In The Woods #5,363  
Plus with the do-rag, you get to sport the Willie look.

/ At Home In The Woods #5,364  
I recently bought several 'cooling towels' on a daily deal type site. I cut one into strips, that doubled over, wrap around my forehead nicely. They really work well, pulling away sweat and giving great evaporative cooling. If there's the slightest breeze, your forehead feels chilled.

Just search for 'cooling towel' and you'll see descriptions like this: Dampen this synthetic space age towel to create a cooling aid significantly coler than ambient air. Advanced PVA material activates easily and quickly when run under water for one minute. Super-evaporative; Wear for hours, or wipe off for quick relief. Simply re-wet the towel to reactivate. Reduces the effect of heat stress and fights fatigue; Machine Washable

For now, I've been using a long rubber band to hold it in place. I plan to sew the ends together at some point, but haven't yet. They sell just premade headbands, but for the price, I went with a 4 towel set.

Paul

/ At Home In The Woods #5,365  
I need to get me one of those Do-rags, they make some with a cooler built in where you put it in the fridge or freezer. Not sure how those work.

Do-rag is superior to turban. (sp?)

Dual purpose,,,,under the helmet in the summer & keep it wet for cooling. Under the helmet(switch to a all leather one) in the winter to contain as much heat as possible. Both just plain work.

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,368  
Obed, I didn't see that mulch pile on Google earth pic of your place???? I'll have to go back and check. Haha just kidding!! ;-)
clemsonfor,
I'm working on a cloaking device for our place. So far, I am only able to cloak the mulch pile.
Obed

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,369  
Obed - time to spend more of your money. You need one of these.

Truck Bed Cargo Unloader
Paguy,
I've seen those but didn't realize they were so cheap and didn't realize they could just be strapped onto the tailgait without installing something. Hmmm... I'm sure I will be getting more mulch. If that thing really works, it would be worth the cost to me for just one pile of mulch. Thanks for the tip.

Obed

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,370  
Obed - time to spend more of your money. You need one of these.

Truck Bed Cargo Unloader

Paguy,
I've seen those but didn't realize they were so cheap and didn't realize they could just be strapped onto the tailgait without installing something. Hmmm... I'm sure I will be getting more mulch. If that thing really works, it would be worth the cost to me for just one pile of mulch. Thanks for the tip.

Obed
I just noticed that the $40 HF model is for compact pickups. Northern Tools has a full-size truck model for $110. I have to consider a little harder at the $110 price.