At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #5,601  
i too got an x27 for christmas. THought it was hoopla and not real. This thing will honestly split wood that an axe never would touch and somestuff that a 6lb maul could not as well!!!

Look at all the positive amazon reviews, it has like 4.5 starts and hundreds of reviews!!

/ At Home In The Woods #5,602  
i too got an x27 for christmas. THought it was hoopla and not real. This thing will honestly split wood that an axe never would touch and somestuff that a 6lb maul could not as well!!!

Look at all the positive amazon reviews, it has like 4.5 starts and hundreds of reviews!!

/ At Home In The Woods #5,603  
What color chaps would go well with my complexion?

The chaps or trousers are to keep your complexion from going white from blood loss or pain ;-) If you havnィt seen what a chain saw will do to flesh and bone in a split second check youtube or compare your leg and a log and use your imagination. Seems like every year or two I come along and rant on you about this. I have never needed my own chain saw trousers but I use them every time even in the middle of summer. The helmet and face shield has saved me a couple of times!
All the best!
Lars

/ At Home In The Woods #5,604  
2nd ^^^^^. Seriously, never having cut yourself does NOT mean you never will, AND you never want too.

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,605  
Mad:mad:
I found this today at our property border in the back. The house closest to this pile was apparantly foreclosed on last May. The house is empty. This pile of trash happened sometime this winter. I'm likely going to have to haul off this pile or it might grow. There goes a Saturday.

IMG_0382.JPG IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0383.JPG

I had no idea that house had been foreclosed. It may be a mixed blessing. Some people around the neighborhood had indicated that the teenagers in that house were doing drugs. I got that story from more than one source; one source of the info was from some kids in the neighborhood.

/ At Home In The Woods #5,606  
I would be careful about Meth, Crack cookers. Don't know much about it but from what I understand the left overs are HW, flammable and very dangerous.

/ At Home In The Woods #5,607  
you ought to be able to take care of that pile in an hour and a half including going to the dump, assuming the dump is no more than say 20 mins from your house.

Pain yess but if you dont want it to grow????

Yep if there is meth suff in there it can be exposive in those bucket cookers they use, that just looks like construction debris to me, a meth head that was forclosed on would just leave that stuff on property!!

/ At Home In The Woods #5,608  
you ought to be able to take care of that pile in an hour and a half including going to the dump, assuming the dump is no more than say 20 mins from your house.

Pain yess but if you dont want it to grow????

Yep if there is meth suff in there it can be exposive in those bucket cookers they use, that just looks like construction debris to me, a meth head that was forclosed on would just leave that stuff on property!!

/ At Home In The Woods #5,609  
Sad state of affairs when people are too lazy to clean up. Looks like they must have gutted a bathroom and other demo/reno work.
Any chance of getting the new owners to clean up the mess? How's the pile going to grow?

/ At Home In The Woods #5,610  
Sad state of affairs when people are too lazy to clean up. Looks like they must have gutted a bathroom and other demo/reno work.
Any chance of getting the new owners to clean up the mess? How's the pile going to grow?

Do you remember Alice's Restaurant Massacre?

"Now it all started two Thanksgivings ago, was on - two years ago on
Thanksgiving, when my friend and I went up to visit Alice at the
Restaurant, but Alice doesn't live in the restaurant, she lives in the
Church nearby the restaurant, in the bell-tower, with her husband Ray and
Fasha the dog. And livin' in the bell tower like that, they got a lot of
Room downstairs where the pews used to be in. Havin' all that room,
Seein' as how they took out all the pews, they decided that they didn't
Have to take out their garbage for a long time.

We got up there, we found all the garbage in there, and we decided it'd be
A friendly gesture for us to take the garbage down to the city dump. So
We took the half a ton of garbage, put it in the back of a red VW
Microbus, took shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and headed
On toward the city dump.

Well we got there and there was a big sign and a chain across across the
Dump saying, "Closed on Thanksgiving." And we had never heard of a dump
Closed on Thanksgiving before, and with tears in our eyes we drove off
Into the sunset looking for another place to put the garbage.

We didn't find one. Until we came to a side road, and off the side of the
Side road there was another fifteen foot cliff and at the bottom of the
Cliff there was another pile of garbage. And we decided that one big pile
Is better than two little piles, and rather than bring that one up we
Decided to throw our's down."

Trash piles have a way of growing.

Larro