At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,682  
She Fixed It
Some guys would be too embarrassed to let their wife fix the truck. Not me! For the past 2 or 3 years, we've had trouble with the batteries staying charged. I replaced the alternator; that seemed to help for a short while but not for long. Recently someone suggested that the starter might be draining the battery. My wife replaced the starter and the solenoid. Presto! Worked like a charm.

View attachment 381253

I did my part by taking pictures!
I'm not sure what happened to the picture in the original post. Here's the picture.

IMG_0480.JPG

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,683  
   / At Home In The Woods
#5,684  
   / At Home In The Woods #5,685  
My wife's green bean plants started getting eaten. We suspect the groundhog. After 2 garden seasons without needing a fence, we reluctantly put up a chicken wire fence.

381474d1404354177-home-woods-img_0532-jpg

So, I may not be the brightest bulb on the tree, but wouldn't a groundhog just dig under the fence when he gets hungry?

MoKelly

/ At Home In The Woods #5,686  
So, I may not be the brightest bulb on the tree, but wouldn't a groundhog just dig under the fence when he gets hungry?

MoKelly

Exactly. We run a community garden and have a 8 ft deer fence with heavy wire mesh against that and buried 1-1.5' underground and still the groundhogs get in. The fencing buried underground does keep rabbits and other undesirables out but not groundhogs.

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,688  
We also bought a trap for the groundhog but haven't put it out yet.

Obed

/ At Home In The Woods #5,689  
We also bought a trap for the groundhog but haven't put it out yet.

Obed

Place it in the middle of the garage, exactly centered with a laser level, and the hog may burrow it's way in and self-trap by accident. It's been known to happen. This saves having to go outside and place the trap too.:D

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,690  
The right brake on the tractor locked up on me. Investigation showed that a spring that releases the brake had broken. I needed to use the tractor and couldn't wait to order the part. So I used some rebar wire to reattach the spring to the brake linkage. It was a complete jury rig but it worked.

IMG_0504.JPG IMG_0505.JPG