At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #5,791  
slappie you have been here since 06 and only posted 10 times!!! must really feel strongly about obed and what others are criticizing him for....for you to have used one of your 10 posts on that!

Clemsonfor,

Yes you are right! I visit every day but don't post much - mostly because I don't have a lot of interesting stuff or am too busy to document it because I am doing it wrong! I work at home and have a lot of conference calls for work so that is prime TBN time.

I get some great ideas here and will try to contribute more when I get some good stuff to show.

I have followed Obed, EddieWalker, Terry.Dinerman and other's threads from the beginning and really like how they write and document everything.

One of my favorite threads was the guy who built his cabin out in the mountains and had solar power, well for water, etc. and a big ol' rock in his garage he poured his slab around. Haven't seen any activity on that one for a while but it was awesome.

We are all here to learn and to keep each other safe. I honestly can't even remember what the other 9 posts were about but I'll go back and look!

Thanks

Matt
Prosper Texas

/ At Home In The Woods #5,792  
Recent Toys

View attachment 386789

We bought a cordless Milwaukee drill and impact driver. I used the impact driver to fix a door hinge problem.

The door to the master bath is a heavy 32" solid core door. It was installed using tiny screws that only secured the hinges to the soft 3/4" door frame. These short screws could not hold the weight of the door so the door sagged. You had to lift the doorknob in order to close the door.

View attachment 386790 View attachment 386791 View attachment 386792 View attachment 386793

I replaced the 3 short screws in each hinge with 2 1/2" long screws. These screws were long enough to secure the door hinges to the studs in the wall. Using the impact driver to drive the long screws into the studs was wonderful. There was no issue with stripping the phillips screw heads. When the resistance of the screws became great enough as they went deeper, the impact driver automatically switched from screw driver mode to impact driver mode. It makes me never to want to use a drill again for screwing screws.

View attachment 386794 View attachment 386795 View attachment 386796

Here's the door after installing the long screws. You can see it is no longer sagging. The door closes smoothly now.

View attachment 386797 View attachment 386798

I bought the same exact Milwaukee kit at work, but I have not used it much. I finally used the 1/4" impact the other day and it was nice. You need to get a 1/4" and 3/8" socket adapter to use with it. I'd like to see how strong the bigger brothers are to in this line up.

/ At Home In The Woods #5,794  
I have been thinking the same thing. We went through this about a year ago didnt we!!:laughing:

/ At Home In The Woods #5,795  
A Merry Christmas to Obed, and everyone who follows this thread. I hope a blessed day for everyone tomorrow.

Larro

/ At Home In The Woods #5,796  
Obed - I would think it is time we heard from you with some updates.

Your fans are missing your posts about family and properties.

What is your latest project?

/ At Home In The Woods #5,797  
Obed - I would think it is time we heard from you with some updates.

Your fans are missing your posts about family and properties.

What is your latest project?

/ At Home In The Woods #5,798  
TTT for those that are interested in Obed's thread.