At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,962  
Working on the second round stack of firewood. The first stack can be seen in the background covered by a brown tarp. We have used up the firewood from the front half of the first stack.

IMG_1451.JPG IMG_1453.JPG

I cut holes in a vent pipe for the center of the round stack. This pipe provides a conduit for air flow up and out of the firewood to assist in drying the wood.

IMG_1443.JPG IMG_1452.JPG

The cross poles help keep the stack from falling apart outwardly.

IMG_1455.JPG

My daughter took this picture.

IMG_1456.JPG

/ At Home In The Woods #5,963  
Your daughter HAS grown up but so has her father. You both have come along way since the being of this thread.:thumbsup:

Question - How about an update on how the wife's gardening went in 2015? Any trouble with the woods critters enjoying the harvest? :)

PAGUY

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,965  
Question - How about an update on how the wife's gardening went in 2015? Any trouble with the woods critters enjoying the harvest? :)

PAGUY
PAGUY,
Our system for keeping critters out of the garden has worked very well. We have chicken wire fence around it. Plus we have Scarecrow motion activated devices that spray water when activated. The chicken wire keeps the small critters out. The Scarecrow devices keep the deer out.

Unfortunately we forgot to turn on the Scarecrow devices for a couple days this past spring and a deer ate all the Ocra plants. We did not get any ocra in 2015.

/ At Home In The Woods #5,966  
Obed - Here is a you tube thread you might enjoy about harvesting wood by a guy who goes by Boss of the swamp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiK-7-Nea2o (Google this thread)

I really enjoy all his posts about being self-sufficient in living in the woods at two different cabins he owns in New Hampshire.

Hope you enjoy. He has good tips about gardening also.

PAGUY

/ At Home In The Woods #5,967  
Obed - Here is a you tube thread you might enjoy about harvesting wood by a guy who goes by Boss of the swamp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiK-7-Nea2o (Google this thread)

I really enjoy all his posts about being self-sufficient in living in the woods at two different cabins he owns in New Hampshire.

Hope you enjoy. He has good tips about gardening also.

PAGUY

A very thoughtful guy. I watched his video on camp fire cooked quiche this morning. I'm addicted to bush-craft videos. My favorite guy on You Tube is Really Big Monkey 1. Hearing his southern drawl is worth the price of admission. I'm not as hardcore about my camping as most of those bush-crafter guys, but it is good stuff to know if you are ever lost in the woods without much in the way of tools.

/ At Home In The Woods #5,970  
that fire in the pic looks awfully close to that flamable tarp!!!!

It's been a while since I watched that one, but I think the white thing is a welder's blanket. He used it to make a chimney. But he has had camping fireplaces burst into flames. {that is one of his most popular videos}