Help with new pond

/ Help with new pond #11  
Longer view . . .

Attachments

• 33-177203-DSC00016.JPG
    33-177203-DSC00016.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 118
   / Help with new pond #12  
Closer up (including a couple of pounds of filamentous algae) . . .

Attachments

• 33-177205-DSC00017.JPG
    33-177205-DSC00017.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 131
   / Help with new pond #13  
Down the watercourse . . .

Attachments

• 33-177206-DSC00019.JPG
    33-177206-DSC00019.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 95
   / Help with new pond #14  
And the most excellent steps which my friend who's building our wall just finished!

Attachments

• 33-177207-DSC00021.JPG
    33-177207-DSC00021.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 104
   / Help with new pond #15  
Rick,

Now if I only had the room, about a bunch of $$$ that I didn't have going into my house then I would take what you did and move it to my yard.

It really looks nice. I may end up doing some type of water fall or run off from the pond we put in.

/ Help with new pond #16  
Very nice looking! That definitely dresses things up.

/ Help with new pond #17  
Whoa! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif That is beautiful. Very nice.

Looks like a lot of work moving that many rocks around though. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Help with new pond #18  
That's not work. That's more tractor time./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Help with new pond
rmorgan,

I'm sorry I did reply sooner. I been really sick since Thursday, 103 fever with a massive aching body. Feels good to sit in front of the computer and read TBN. I don't get sick often maybe once every 5 years, but when I do I feel like I'm on a death bed. Anyways.....

Thanks a lot for your advice. I makes sense that if she doesn't have plants and lacks aeration she will have massive algae problems. So something needs to be done. I like that Superfalls filter system but not sure if she will, she was really into having a passive type system. The more I have been reading different sites dealing with ponds the plant way seems like the best way to go rather than the rock method. I guess trial and error is the best way to find out. That's a great idea about both the pipe and waterfall and switching between the two. Would not add much cost to the job and give her the option, pipe during the week and on weekend when they are present run the waterfall. Hopefully if I feel better tomorrow I will meet with the neighbors and talk it over with her.

Those are nice pictures showing your waterfall with stone work. A lot of labor but worth it I'm sure. How high is the waterfall? You said that was 8000 GPH? Many thanks for your input. I'm sure I'll have a few more questions.

/ Help with new pond
In my search I found lots, almost to much, information. Here are some of the links:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://home.flash.net/~blhill/pages.aux/pond/construction.html>Pond Construction</A> Lots of good information, a few dead links.
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://home.flash.net/~blhill/pages/pond.html>Water Gardens</A> The above link comes from this link. Again lots of good info.

Hope this may help somebody or at least give them an idea.