cable plowing fiber optic cable

/ cable plowing fiber optic cable #1  

watson1

We need to cable plow HDPE conduit for fiber optic 41,000 feet, 38" deep. We have no experience doing this type of work, buy necessary for this job. Any information / guidance that you can give us to help would be greatly appreciated.

/ cable plowing fiber optic cable #2  
Welcome to TBN. I moved this post to the projects forum from the News/Feedback forum. Hopefully you will get more replies here.

/ cable plowing fiber optic cable #3  
Every few thousand feet you will need hand holes, splice boxes or manholes to pull to. You cannot pull all 40000 feet to the final location Unless u have these special blowers that let the fiber float thru the pipe. Still u will need them at the hand holes. Most contractors will havecapstans around 36" depending on cable size to pull cable figure 8 slack and tuen pull to the. Next location or have another crew pull the slack after it's coming out of your hole then they will figure 8 it. You could start in the middle and pull in sections to one end the go back to reel and figure 8 the rest to get to the tail and pull it to the other end in sections. Theirs alot more to it than this short response but it is not difficult for experianced linemen used to rigging.

/ cable plowing fiber optic cable #4  
I hope somebody designs this beofre you start pulling. The design should allow for the proper duct sizing and pull locations. Depending on soil conditions, locl permitting agencies and jsut about 1,000 other things you may have issues.

I have 147 miles to do this year. Well I'm contracting it out. 1/2 DIR Bore 1/2 plow train.

/ cable plowing fiber optic cable #5  
All I know about your situation is when they put a fiber optic cable across Vancouver Island (80 miles) they had a pretty experienced crew do it. It is a few hundred feet from our property. I would make sure you have all the right answers because you do not want to have problems with it, be expensive to re do it. Is this something that would be better contracted out?

/ cable plowing fiber optic cable #6  
Watson1, no offense but how did you land a FOC placement/pulling job without any experience? As mentioned in an ealier post, you need a design,then locates of other utilities, alignment from the baseline, lots of good operators and equipment, etc.
Please provide more info on the scope of work.

/ cable plowing fiber optic cable #7  
Wow. Talk about DYI. Almost 8 miles of cable?

Wedge

/ cable plowing fiber optic cable #8  
Where are you located I want to do the road bores.

/ cable plowing fiber optic cable #9  
We need to cable plow HDPE conduit for fiber optic 41,000 feet, 38" deep. We have no experience doing this type of work, buy necessary for this job. Any information / guidance that you can give us to help would be greatly appreciated.

I have 13 years underground fiber email me at grampaltootee@hotmail.com

/ cable plowing fiber optic cable #10  
I hope somebody designs this beofre you start pulling. The design should allow for the proper duct sizing and pull locations. Depending on soil conditions, locl permitting agencies and jsut about 1,000 other things you may have issues.

I have 147 miles to do this year. Well I'm contracting it out. 1/2 DIR Bore 1/2 plow train.

I am looking for info on a 100mile job plowing 6 conduits. can you help?