move the shed

/ move the shed #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
my buddy has a 12x12 shed in his small backyard. It needed to move because 1) it took up valuable flat space (his property is entirely hilly, if there is a flat spot it was man made)
2) It sat in an area that desperately needed to be cut down to drain most of the rest of his back yard away from the house.
3) he could use it down across the road in his pasture area where he put a garden in for garden stuffs.

Neither of us had done this before, but we new the principal of the thing. Jack it up, put blocks under the corners, drive trailer under it, lower onto trailer drive out of back yard, up the back hill, across the yard, down the road 200yrds down into the pasture and reverse the blocking procedure.

simple :thumbsup:

and it turned out to be basicly that.

(enough with the babble you want to see the pics i know)

thats as far as i got up the hill before the little tc33 ran out of traction. We hooked the truck up to the front via chain and gave a little extra tug to get it to the top of the hill.

from there it was a simple tow. Kept it in low 4wd and it went fine.

oh and a cinder block is the exact same height as the fenders on my trailer.... ask me how i know :D
My trailer is 20' flat 10K trailer. although both of us dont think the shed weighed more than 2500lbs. The jacking on the farm jack was as easy if not easyer than picking up half my toyota truck.

Last edited:
   / move the shed
dont know why there are like 3 other version of the thread.... some mod can delete them.... dont know why we cant do it ourselves as thread owner.... but whatever:confused2:

/ move the shed #3  
OK, I removed them. You can edit/delete your own posts, but only within a relatively short time after posting.

/ move the shed #4  
Your trailer looks like mine with the fenders higher that the deck. How did you get around that?

/ move the shed
Your trailer looks like mine with the fenders higher that the deck. How did you get around that?

oh and a cinder block is the exact same height as the fenders on my trailer.... ask me how i know

ie we put cinder blocks under each 4x4 support under the shed ontop of the trailer