House III

/ House III
Re: House III, Just About Done

Gerald, thanks for the compliments. I tried last night, but I'm afraid I'm losing control of the order around our place. I couldn't find the paint chips from the porch ceiling at our rental. I'm pretty sure it's not in my truck, though there is that scary pile of stuff in the back seat /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif It's probably in the new house or our camper.

Anyway, it came from one of the leading brands' historical colors collection. It's a light blue like a robins egg. I don't think the specific color is that important, it doesn't really go with anything else on the house but it works. We've seen several period homes with blue porch ceilings and a few books we have refer to it.

If I remember, I'll take another look tonight. Thanks again /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ House III #32  

That's quite alright. Don't bother. I'm sure you have enough to do without digging around for paint information.

I was asking because we have looked at many shades of blue for our ceilings and just can't decide what to use. I don't want it too blue, but not white... We'll figure it out. Thanks again.

- Gerald

/ House III #33  

RobS,

It is just beautiful. I can say we are down to our last couple of weeks. Tile being put in, trim being finished (install part) so the painters will be in soon. Countertop guys should be there next week, a missing cabinet too (I hope) and with much luck a CO inspection by 10/21 with a move in of 10/26.

It has been great and much fun sharing ideas, plans and all the work. I hope to see more great homes come into the world through this site.

Good Luck to all, email if you have any questions.

/ House III #34  

RobS,

Things are looking really good on your house. We are nearing the end, but so much is still not done. They are finishing up the trim this week. Painters start Friday, we chose the grout colors and stain colors today. But I am not sure they will be done by next Friday. They have a day or two grace period, but we have to move in the weekend of the 26th, since we gave notice to vacate and don't want to pay another full month for a few days. The builder has been great overall so no complaints there. Just getting itchy to get in.

/ House III

Thanks Michael. We're finally moved in! I was off all last week moving out of our rental and our storage unit. I swear someone had been breaking into our storage unit adding boxes /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

It's great having all of our worldly possessions under one roof for a change. Things are a mess at the house still but it will take some time for everything to get sorted out. We still haven't had a couple of inspections, no CofO and haven't closed yet. Hoping to wrap all that up this week.

I got the computer hooked up last night and got the new access phone number but didn't have time to post any pictures. I did get some tractor time yesterday dragging my scarifiers around some of the compacted areas from the construction traffic.

So when are you expecting to move in? Keep us posted /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ House III #36  

So Rob, its been a mounth, How do you like the place? Was it worth all the time, money, and stress? I need to know, becouse mine is finly on the way./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I have a post running on it on CBN for you TNB only guys. Heres the link...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.countrybynet.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=homebuild&Number=1597&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1>http://www.countrybynet.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=homebuild&Number=1597&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1</A>

/ House III

Yes Paul, very definitely worth it. We absolutely love our new place and with every passing day it's feeling more like home. Only one box left in the garage to unpack, everything else is in the basement or attic (or in it's proper place in the house).

Painters come back today to put the final coat of varnish on the front door. We had company over Saturday night but couldn't use that door. My own list of "to dos" is getting quite long, but we've got winter ahead of us now to do some of the planning.

Still getting used to light switch locations, where stuff is in the cabinets etc, but overall it's just great. Thanks for asking and yes, I've been following your CBN thread closely /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ House III #38  

Well They are still frameing the house up. With all the bad weather, things are going slow. Heres a picture of the front. Its really starting to look like a house now./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ House III #39  

Sorry, picture did not make it. Try this.......

Attachments

• 33-219210-front4dec22.jpg
    33-219210-front4dec22.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 113
   / House III #40  

Here's the rear.......

Attachments

• 33-219211-backdec22.jpg
    33-219211-backdec22.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 103