Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 790

Default House III

Before our ever-so-diligent leader shuts down the House II thread, I'll go ahead and start a new one. I'm hoping my self nominated position as head homebuilder on the forum is just about over. In another two or three weeks I'll just be a plain old homeowner with a multitude of tractor chores on the list [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Here's a tractor related picture of our garage with garage doors installed. The tractor (and trailer) are the lucky ones so far as they are the only in our family to spend a night in the new house. We worked on the porch Saturday and Sunday so tractor, trailer and a truckload of tools got locked up out there for the night [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    John Deere X585 4WDq

Default Re: House III

Rob,

I really like the garage. I wish we had gone the route you did. The previous builder before being fired suggested and I took the advice and went with one big 16FT door and one smaller 9FT door. The hard part is trusting that we can both fit into the larger door and leave room for the tractor in the other bay.

However that is mute now as the tractor is on hold for a year or so. Just too many other expenses with a new house. So I am buying a nice pickup with snow plow for the winter and maybe nesxt fall I can look into a tractor but most likely it will be spring '04 before I can do much.

Lucky for me I have friends with lots of toys. One buddy has (3) tractors and (1) dozer. He is big on sweat equity I got some things we don't need and he could use so the trade begins. He is the right friend to have. I would take him up on the offer to buy one of his toys, but to be honest I need (and want) a new machine. I am shall we say mechanically uninclined. I just don't fix engines and such at all, so a warranty is going to be important to start out.

But that gives me time to check out the partially loved machines say 100 hours or so that some yuppie bought and didn't need.

Oh yes the house. Rock is done, the taping is nearly done. I figure next week we will have garage doors in and openers too I hope. We have basement stairs and I have to say very nice ones (will post this weekend). They are nearly main stair quality except its 2x10 lumber. Screwed together and no gaps, 4FT wide too.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

About how much longer do you folks think you shall be spending your first night forever?

I'll take door number 3. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N

AUUGGGGGG!!!! You guys are killing me! Your on your third group of posts, and I still don't eaven have a hole in the ground yet! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif[/img] We are holding on DOT for a driveway permit. Seems we need a permit from them to put in the drive, eaven though there is already one there.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif[/img] Every thing else is all ready[I hope] just need them to move, and I can get my house.

Tractor
    John Deere 790

Hang in there Paul, you'll be swamped with construction issues before you know it [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img] MDNY will probably finish shortly after me so you'll be the likely candidate to carry on the "House" series [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Oh, I hope!

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 loaded!

Hey Rob,

How about moving House III over to CBN? No pun intented. I do believe the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.countrybynet.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=homebuild>Homebuilding Forum</A> was set up with you guys in mind.

I've enjoyed all your updates &amp; pics thanks.

Tractor
    John Deere 790

Haz, I did think of moving this discussion over to CBN but life is so crazy right now that just became too hard to do. Maybe Paul will take up the slack and start his new house over there [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor

<font color=red>Maybe Paul will take up the slack and start his new house over there </font color=red>

Already did. Well, kind of. Just kind of a Pi@@, and moan.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img] Did I say I REALY want my new house?[img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Tractor
    KUBOTA BX-22

Let me guess one bay for the boat, one for the tractor, and the last for snowmobiles and atv's. Did i miss any? VERY NICE..

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast