Pole Snow Shed Completed

/ Pole Snow Shed Completed #1  

GT2

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L-35
Its been a busy last hand full of week-ends.
My pole building "roof" is done.
Its 36x56' with 18" overhang all around.
Most of the following pics are from my game cam, so you will have to excuse the obstacles.
PICT0039.jpg

PICT0044.jpg

PICT0071.jpg

PICT0091.jpg

PICT0118-1.jpg

DSCN0508.jpg

DSCN0511.jpg

DSCN0514.jpg

DSCF0127.jpg

DSCN0517.jpg

PICT0052.jpg

PICT0073.jpg

PICT0188.jpg

PICT0121.jpg

PICT0158.jpg

PICT0244.jpg

PICT0256.jpg

PICT0260.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg

DSCN0527.jpg

The last two pics are of me on the L35, my first time grading.

/ Pole Snow Shed Completed #2  
that's a lot of work and a nice shed and the destination would love to have a piece of that little Heaven:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Pole Snow Shed Completed #4  
Do you plan to close it in in the future?

MarkV

Wondering the same thing. Not sure what a 'snow shed' is, but seems strange to have no lateral bracing on the poles. Is that okay?
Dave.

/ Pole Snow Shed Completed
   / Pole Snow Shed Completed #6  
GT2 it sure looks like the start of a great building. How deep are your poles set? It always interest me the way things are done in different regions. Being engineered and inspected I know you have a good building. With your great view it looks like you could get some big winds with winter storms. Made me wonder if the way posts are set in your area is different than mine. Like Dave mentioned we would use cross bracing on the corners to fight the "wing" affect wind can cause in an open wall structure. Do they use any special fasteners for the trusses?

Thanks,
MarkV

/ Pole Snow Shed Completed
GT2 it sure looks like the start of a great building. How deep are your poles set? It always interest me the way things are done in different regions. Being engineered and inspected I know you have a good building. With your great view it looks like you could get some big winds with winter storms. Made me wonder if the way posts are set in your area is different than mine. Like Dave mentioned we would use cross bracing on the corners to fight the "wing" affect wind can cause in an open wall structure. Do they use any special fasteners for the trusses?

Thanks,
MarkV

The poles are about 4.5' deep and sitting on concrete "pills". The posts are 6x8's, I think this is larger than normal?
The trusses are set in notches cut into the top of the posts ( except for the end gables) and nailed and through bolted.
Last week end there was a heavy rain storm with wind ( not very high wind) that came through. It lasted about an hour or so. I spent the whole time under the roof looking for leaks ( none!), but never heard any creaking or groaning of the structure.
Thanks, Tim