small trench

/ small trench #2  
I am going to have to make some small trenches this summer and fall. Will my bx1860 be able to use something like this NorTrac Subsoiler Category 1, 3-Point Hitch
to make trenches?

They will be mostly to run wires or small flexible pipes.

Thanks,

--Carlos

i have a subsoiler and it is great for small ditches and trenches. i have to say that getting a middle buster head (furrower) helps a lot for getting it wide open. it also evenly disperses the dirt and material evenly on both sides so filling in the trench is easy. the one in the picture there looks just about right for your BX1860 and it should pull it just fine. :thumbsup:

/ small trench
i have a subsoiler and it is great for small ditches and trenches. i have to say that getting a middle buster head (furrower) helps a lot for getting it wide open. it also evenly disperses the dirt and material evenly on both sides so filling in the trench is easy. the one in the picture there looks just about right for your BX1860 and it should pull it just fine. :thumbsup:

Pardon my ignorance, what is a "middle buster head"?

--Carlos

/ small trench #5  
mine is the middle buster/subsoiler/trailer mover combo.:D here is a picture of the middle buster head. :thumbsup: I also have a smaller one that came off an old walk behind rototiller. :D haven't tried it yet though.:ashamed:

Attachments

• 1-16-10 001.jpg
    1-16-10 001.jpg
    741.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 7-13-10 104.JPG
    7-13-10 104.JPG
    908.4 KB · Views: 95
   / small trench
Ok I see what you mean now. How deep do you think I can dig with one of those? are there thinner ones that can go deeper? I don't think I need more than 6 to 12 inches.

Thanks.

--Carlos

/ small trench #7  
Ok I see what you mean now. How deep do you think I can dig with one of those? are there thinner ones that can go deeper? I don't think I need more than 6 to 12 inches.

Thanks.

--Carlos

If you shorten the top link all the way, it will dig all the way to the bottom fo the 3 point mount but it can be controled via the 3 point hitch lever. :thumbsup: The wider one actually digs better than the narrow one.

/ small trench
The ones with the middle buster head seem to have a shorter digging height rating.