elevated tree stand

/ elevated tree stand #1  

nybirdman

Tractor
Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT
About finished with and elevated tree-stand,we have plenty of ladder and hang-on stands on our two farms.We wanted some place to go for the late season cold and snow,rain,but mostly some where safe and comfortable for the grand-kids.
The stand is 11ft-10in. to the platform total length(height)19ft.We assembled on the ground(big mistake) proved to be very difficult to raise with-out destroying it.First attempt with TWO tractors my L4240 pulling and a friends B7800 pushing snapped a PT 4x4 at about 20degrees up ,down she came.Second attempt ::cribbed up to about 30 degrees pulled up with my tractor.Repairing damage(minimal),stairs are built,windows installed(flip up) trimming out.
Will post pictures when finished.....great view.

Attachments

• 100_1054 (Small).jpg
    100_1054 (Small).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 511
  • 100_1055 (Small).jpg
    100_1055 (Small).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 517
   / elevated tree stand #2  
I have three box stands. There is nothing better than a box stand on a windy cold morning. The only down side is that I have become spoiled and don't want to hunt open stands. Good luck, I hope you get the big one.

/ elevated tree stand #3  
Nice, should be lots of good times there with the grandkids! Hope you stocked it with snacks, drinks, some coloring books, and maybe a little space heater lol!! Good luck with your hunting season. We're about to get deer archery season started down here in 4 more weeks. Gonna still be in the 90's by then. Actually the lower part of the state opened up rifle season yesterday, they get to deal with the skeeters, ticks, snakes, and chiggers. I like to wait for it to cool down from about 99 deg down to about 92 deg lol.

/ elevated tree stand #4  
I prefer a location where the ground is elevated so I don't have to climb. My 6' x 6' "Timber Shack";

Attachments

• FARM 2007 004 (Small).jpg
    FARM 2007 004 (Small).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 396
  • Picture 175 (Small).jpg
    Picture 175 (Small).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Picture 178 (Small).jpg
    Picture 178 (Small).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 271
   / elevated tree stand #5  
Good Stuff!!. Here in MN. We Bow Hunt Mid Sept. We get almost 8 weeks before the Gun Guys get to hunt. Can't wait. Flinging arrows at the targets every day now.. :thumbsup:

/ elevated tree stand #7  
I have a few elevated stands like the ones pictured. My land is quite flat so I like our hunters shooting down toward the ground for safety sake. Also the cover is pretty thick, so elevated is preferred most often around our place.

OH....and did I mention they are WARM? We put small propane heaters in em...along with drop down windows. I am so spoiled now. :D These stands really let young (and old) hunters get away with movement. Better for scent control too. I digress.............

Attachments

• deer stand 002.jpg
    deer stand 002.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 4,733
  • deer stand 015.jpg
    deer stand 015.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,145