Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

Default elevated tree stand

About finished with and elevated tree-stand,we have plenty of ladder and hang-on stands on our two farms.We wanted some place to go for the late season cold and snow,rain,but mostly some where safe and comfortable for the grand-kids.
    The stand is 11ft-10in. to the platform total length(height)19ft.We assembled on the ground(big mistake) proved to be very difficult to raise with-out destroying it.First attempt with TWO tractors my L4240 pulling and a friends B7800 pushing snapped a PT 4x4 at about 20degrees up ,down she came.Second attempt ::cribbed up to about 30 degrees pulled up with my tractor.Repairing damage(minimal),stairs are built,windows installed(flip up) trimming out.
    Will post pictures when finished.....great view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elevated tree stand-100_1054-small-.jpg   elevated tree stand-100_1055-small-.jpg  

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615

Default Re: elevated tree stand

I have three box stands. There is nothing better than a box stand on a windy cold morning. The only down side is that I have become spoiled and don't want to hunt open stands. Good luck, I hope you get the big one.

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

Nice, should be lots of good times there with the grandkids! Hope you stocked it with snacks, drinks, some coloring books, and maybe a little space heater lol!! Good luck with your hunting season. We're about to get deer archery season started down here in 4 more weeks. Gonna still be in the 90's by then. Actually the lower part of the state opened up rifle season yesterday, they get to deal with the skeeters, ticks, snakes, and chiggers. I like to wait for it to cool down from about 99 deg down to about 92 deg lol.
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Tractor
    John Deere 790, 420, 314, 317 "Special", "L/60" Custom & 70 I

I prefer a location where the ground is elevated so I don't have to climb. My 6' x 6' "Timber Shack";
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elevated tree stand-farm-2007-004-small-.jpg   elevated tree stand-picture-175-small-.jpg   elevated tree stand-picture-178-small-.jpg  

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Iseki TA 247. Husqvarna 54", Cub Zero Turn.Polaris 850 ATV's Stihl 018 026 Pro, 029, 034 Super AV, 039, 044 Mag. Stihl Pole Saw.

Good Stuff!!. Here in MN. We Bow Hunt Mid Sept. We get almost 8 weeks before the Gun Guys get to hunt. Can't wait. Flinging arrows at the targets every day now..

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson MF-65

This was our first attempt at an elevated tree stand. We built it at home and hauled it up to the hunting property.

Tractor
    JD 3320 eHydro w/ 300CX Loader

I have a few elevated stands like the ones pictured. My land is quite flat so I like our hunters shooting down toward the ground for safety sake. Also the cover is pretty thick, so elevated is preferred most often around our place.

OH....and did I mention they are WARM? We put small propane heaters in em...along with drop down windows. I am so spoiled now. These stands really let young (and old) hunters get away with movement. Better for scent control too. I digress.............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elevated tree stand-deer-stand-002.jpg   elevated tree stand-deer-stand-015.jpg  
    3320 eHydro, 300CX Loader & 15 + great attachments

You gotta mine allot of dirt to find a diamond.

TWD
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M59

Nice stands