The gully to pond project

/ The gully to pond project #21  
I don't know if I'll have it finished by the spring, but that first erosion swale should be filled by then. I figured you might want some stick time on the LB75.;)
You know me. Doing tractor work is fun work. :cool:

/ The gully to pond project #22  
... I also have a mountain of material that was dug out of my pond. I called it pond silt at the time, but it is quite water tight and I will cover the top layer of the dam with this. ...

From what I understand, by definition, clay soil is made up of silt.

I forget how big that dump trailer of yours is. Will you be loading it with the backhoe and hauling it with your other tractor?

Eddie

/ The gully to pond project
I forget how big that dump trailer of yours is. Will you be loading it with the backhoe and hauling it with your other tractor?

Eddie

Eddie, I will probably use the dump trailer to haul the silt across mostly level terrain, but currently I think I can work faster with the tractor's bucket since the place I'm moving dirt to is about 200 feet or less from where I'm getting it. Also, the TC45D with loader weighs about 5,000 lb. With the trailer loaded with over 4 yards, the TC spins all four wheels and can't pull it up hills like the severe inclines going into and out of the gullies. You just don't realize how steep an incline it is until you try to pull a 10k lb trailer up the slope. Since I can load 1-1/2 yards in the LB75's bucket, I can run it up the incline and dump it where I need the dirt as fast as using the dump trailer.

BTW: I'm a little down today because I went to put fuel into the LB75 and saw something dripping underneath. When I pulled the side panel to the engine, I saw the drip, drip, drip from the injector pump. In the few days I've had the tractor, the injector pump has started leaking. The dealership is coming to pick it up. To quote Wroughtn-Harv, "Darn! Double DARN!" I'm sure you know the feeling well. Sigh. . . .:(

/ The gully to pond project #24  
Hi jinman,
You indeed have a conception how to work out Your task, but wouldn't You like to think about the hiring of the big caterpillar dozer and to do Your job much faster? I guess even after dozer''s work You'll have a lot to do with Your machines.

/ The gully to pond project #25  
Since I can load 1-1/2 yards in the LB75's bucket,(

That's impressive. Mine will only hold a yard. Heaped, I'm rated for 1.13 yards, but that's it. I thought you had to go up to the 100 plus HP backhoes like the JD 710 and the LB115 to get a yard and a half.

Eddie

/ The gully to pond project #26  
Jim, I wish you well with this project. Just took a few minutes and made you a merge of the four pics you posted.
Did not get sky to match but was the best I could do on short notice.

Hope you don't mind.

SmallPond merge.jpg

jinman said:
The LB115 bucket is 1.15 cu meters = 1.96 cu yd. I'd say that's close enough to 2 cu yd that you could call it that.

You guys are really cuttin' me some slack. 1.15 cu meters = 1.5 cu yd. Nobody corrected me.:eek: You gotta keep an eye on me.;)

Last edited:

Hope you don't mind.

Thanks Norris; I don't mind at all.:thumbsup: I was going to merge the photos but noticed the last one had white sky. I don't know why.:confused: It sure adds a lot to the picture to be merged like that.:)

/ The gully to pond project #29  
Jim, I wish you well with this project. Just took a few minutes and made you a merge of the four pics you posted.

Hope you don't mind.

View attachment 182330
The pictures do not show the true terrain of Jim's land. Some areas around his excavations cannot be crossed with his Mule. Would be very hard to walk. :confused2:

I had to send the tractor back to my dealers "clinic" for some healing by the service manager. The injector pump developed a leak at the outlet manifold (see attachment) and while it was in the shop, they found the tractor sometimes would not start due to the shuttle switch being worn. They fixed the injector pump and put in a new $270 shuttle switch for me at no cost as well as gave me a new $50 air filter. They are really "steppin' up" to their promise to make this tractor work ready. All of this was done at no cost to me because I didn't haggle on the asking price. My best deal was to have the assurance of a well-working used tractor. I'm glad I did it that way. I know they made some money, but I have a good tractor and the good will of my dealership anytime I need service. That cannot be a bad thing. I'm very pleased.:thumbsup:

Now, it's back to the gullies next week to move some dirt. More pictures will follow to document my progress.:D

Attachments

• LB75-InjectorPump.jpg
    LB75-InjectorPump.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 334