Sandblasting?

/ Sandblasting? #1  

Casco1

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L series
I have a ton of rusted items I'd like to clean up and was wondering if I can sandblast on a small scale.

What would I need?
Is there affordable equipment?
Who carries this stuff?

/ Sandblasting? #2  
Northern Tool, Harbor Freight, NAPA, Sears, Eastwood....... Google search for "sandblasting equipment" got 69K hits. MikeD74t

/ Sandblasting? #3  
There are also already 11 threads on TBN on this subject.

Use the search feature.

/ Sandblasting? #4  
Even sandblasting small items plan on a LARGE compressor. About 60gal. minimum and about 18-22 cfm. Sandblasters use a lot of air. Also you'll need a good air/water separator. When I priced out the equipment and then the sanding material it wasn't practical for me. I took my stuff to a local and had them blast it for me, cheaper.

Good luck.

/ Sandblasting? #5  
It can be done with two to three HP compressors but it will be slow. :)

All types of guns and feed systems available at reasonable cost.:)

/ Sandblasting? #6  
I have a gas compressor 5hp 8gal tank with a cheapo sandblaster{15-20 $} that I bought at harbor freight, It worked fine.

/ Sandblasting?
thanks for the replys

/ Sandblasting? #8  
I've used almost every size they make. From a hand held unit from JC whitney that looks like a paint gun up to equipment used to strip lead paint off of bridges. If you have enough items to justify the extra cost I like the pressurized units. If the parts are small then I would look into a blast cabinet. Blasting is dusty.