Kubota B2150HSX found in the Woods

/ Kubota B2150HSX found in the Woods #1  

atobuk

Hello everyone.
First posting for me........First Tractor actually.
Imagine that! 60 years old and never owned a tractor.
Well I did buy one 30 years ago at a Farm sale, an old Grey Ferguson but I sold it before it got home and haven't had another one since so I assume that doesnt count.

Anyway, hoping for a few tips on the Tractor I found recently on a property I bought in France. It was literally there in the undergrowth winking at me with its one good eye.

I'm not that good with mechanical stuff so I phoned my cousin and he drove over to help. After doing the usual things like checking oil, cleaning the fuel filter, bleeding through and suchlike we put a battery on it and tried to start it. It turned over no problem but wouldnt fire.

I forgot to mention that the rats or mice had eaten all the wiring so he was doing it without a key start. After a bit of head scratching he decided it needed some power to the glow plugs and so with a couple of bits of spare wire we got some power to the heaters and lo and behold??..it started instantly. Smooth as silk. It moved forward and back (only a couple of feet - one flat tyre) and it ran for 5 or so minutes before we turned it off. That was a couple of weeks ago and I haven't been back to France since then. I do know that the property hasn't been lived in for around 4 years and in all that time it must have just sat outside in the undergrowth completely unprotected.

So, the real reason for the posting is to ask if anyone can help me with a manual for the B2150HST (I tried Ebay but the US owner of the item I found was reluctant to post it to me as I live outside the USA) Also some background info and any other tips would be much appreciated.
I live in the UK.

As far as the eventual use I hope to get from the tractor I can tell you that the property has around 1 1/2 hectares of land (3 1/2 acres) most of which is completey covered in 6 foot high bracken or brambles.There's about an acre of rough grass but the rest is a jungle.

Ive posted a couple of pics - pretty it ain't but I'm pleased as punch to own it and if I can get it up to scratch it will be a huge help .

Thanks all

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 620
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 441
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 484
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 663
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 432
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    931.2 KB · Views: 658
  • 100_2804.jpg
    100_2804.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
   / Kubota B2150HSX found in the Woods
Thanks yooper1
Thats brilliant.
The link you gave me to the manual site is exactly what I was hoping for.
I have to admit I made a mistake in the heading of my post.
Its a Kubota B2150HST not HSX as per my heading.
Anyway thanks again

/ Kubota B2150HSX found in the Woods #4  
Wow! Hard to beat FINDING a free Kubota with the land deal. Sweet :thumbsup:

/ Kubota B2150HSX found in the Woods #5  
Thats great Little find - welcome to Tractor Bynet - you will find a great deal of info, check out the build it yourself section, you will find a great number of ideas for attachments for you new found kubota. It Looks as though you have a 3point flail attached. Make sure all the guards are inplace before you use it.

to help you on your way - lister wilder are dealers for kubota - im sure they will be more than willing to help you with parts.

Happy tractoring

Sipho in surrey

/ Kubota B2150HSX found in the Woods
Thanks for the welcome to TBN everyone.

One of the problems will be getting rid of the bracken at the property which is where the Kubota should be useful when its up and running properly.

I assume that the flail mower that's attached to the tractor will cut the bracken but my next worry will be how long will it be before it comes back.

I understand that bracken has as many lives as a cat and will just keep coming back. (rhizomes?)
Would it be best to cut and mulch the existing bracken and then spray it with Asulox or similar next year or not bother to cut it and just hit it with Asulox?

Is there any other implement I would find useful in managing bracken, bramble and rough grass other than the Flail mower that't on there and from the photo's on the OP does it look complete and usable.
Thanks all

Last edited:
   / Kubota B2150HSX found in the Woods #8  
You'll want to inspect the flail mower pretty well before using it, especially if its sat out in the weather for year. That's a heck of a find for you!
The flail should be a great tool for chopping back the shrubbery. Mowing repeatedly tends to suppress brambles and bracken, but, if it keeps coming back, you can zap it all with glyphosate, then reseed with something more desirable. No matter what, though, you'll have to keep at it or mother nature will just send more weedy things in to reclaim it.
Congratulations; I wish I could find something useful like that in my woods (instead of old garbage piles).
BOB

/ Kubota B2150HSX found in the Woods #10  
I had a smiliar problem, I would cut it in the winter and then burn, and just keep repeating....this seemed to kill any seeds (multiflora rose) that were left and then just kept mowing it. Its hard, scratchy work but when its done it will be worth it. You may as you clean out a spot want to plant a ground cover, it helped me keep some of the seeds from germinating.