1971 cub low boy 154

/ 1971 cub low boy 154 #1  

kawman14733

Tractor
huber maintainer 1952
hi all new to the site name is steve from wester ny .what a great source of info i found here with this site..i bought this cub yesterday for a grand no mower runs great ,plan to fix and paint it all up and trade er in for a new mini 4x4 tractor.

Attachments

• P1100218.jpg
    P1100218.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 1,893
  • Picture 265.jpg
    Picture 265.jpg
    867.2 KB · Views: 710
  • Picture 267.jpg
    Picture 267.jpg
    745.4 KB · Views: 8,979
  • P1100228.jpg
    P1100228.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 3,734
   / 1971 cub low boy 154
did i pay to much. ther awsome for mowing large lots ,,cheap to repair and bring a decient buck restored. has a 3 point i did get snowblower attachments and deck attachments. i put a 5 foot rake behind it today did alright for 15 hp.. very .load pto though. but thats ther downfall they all do it.

/ 1971 cub low boy 154 #3  
Looks like a good deal to me but I don't know a whole lot about them. I was looking for a small tractor last year and the ones like that were 1500 or so bucks my budget was 1000. Where abouts did you pick that one up?

/ 1971 cub low boy 154 #4  
Welcome to TBN.
"i bought this cub yesterday for a grand no mower runs great"

Seen some 154's w/ motor problems asking more than grand..you done well.
Shouldn't be that hard to locate mower.

/ 1971 cub low boy 154 #5  
I had an International 184 for a few years and recently sold it. It was an updated version of your 154. There are a few things I learned about this line of tractors. First the PTO turns the wrong way for standard equipment. It was designed to work with a limited number of implements made just for these tractors. The PTO clutch on these engage with the lever to the left of the seat. They require frequent adjustment. The 154 is only 15hp so it is fairly underpowered for its size. The C60 engine in this tractor dates back to the 50's. It should have a IH carburetor. My 184 had a Zenith carburetor that was a little better. There was a group on Yahoo that catered just to the 154, 184, and 185 that was very helpful when I had mine. It may still be up and running. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Eric

/ 1971 cub low boy 154
Looks like a good deal to me but I don't know a whole lot about them. I was looking for a small tractor last year and the ones like that were 1500 or so bucks my budget was 1000. Where abouts did you pick that one up?

it was on ebay for 1500 dident sell then it came on for 12 or best offer. i went 30 miles from me with trailer tried 900 he almost let me drive off at 1000 he wanted 11 .but took a grand. it was in fredonia ny. guy bought it to do some dirt leveling around a addition to his house and wanted to haul some rocks from creek to house.he paid 2300 a year before but it had a snow blower on front a wood deck and a dirt scoop when he got it.

/ 1971 cub low boy 154
I had an International 184 for a few years and recently sold it. It was an updated version of your 154. There are a few things I learned about this line of tractors. First the PTO turns the wrong way for standard equipment. It was designed to work with a limited number of implements made just for these tractors. The PTO clutch on these engage with the lever to the left of the seat. They require frequent adjustment. The 154 is only 15hp so it is fairly underpowered for its size. The C60 engine in this tractor dates back to the 50's. It should have a IH carburetor. My 184 had a Zenith carburetor that was a little better. There was a group on Yahoo that catered just to the 154, 184, and 185 that was very helpful when I had mine. It may still be up and running. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Eric

thanx for your input mabee ill upgrade to the zenith carb.pto spins the wrong way, i thought that ,but over looked it thinking i was nuts. pto is out of wack spins all the time unless yo hold lever with hand. its out of adjustment ,thats the first thing to fix very noisy pto , im gonna pick up a deck paint it all up put blade on front and trade it or sell it next year i think...i want a little 4x4 tractor for around the house . ..steve(((( do ya no how to operate the cylinder under the tractor for the deck ther is a diverter to close some wher, cant find it