Attachments

• 75.jpg
    75.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 626
  • 76.jpg
    76.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 566
   / My uniquely built 30x50 Pole barn
Now some interior. I mentioned the loft earlier. The plan was to have a loft over the 30x30 concreted area. Then build a wall to divide the two areas that way I only have to heat the 30x30 ad not the whole 30x50.

So here are some of setting the I-beams

Attachments

• 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 735
  • 78.jpg
    78.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 410
  • 79.jpg
    79.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 735
  • 80.jpg
    80.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 381
  • 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 403
Some framing for the loft/ceiling and the dividing wall

Attachments

• 85.jpg
    85.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 449
  • 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 308
  • 83.jpg
    83.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 476
  • 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 425
  • 86.jpg
    86.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 290
  • 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 289
The finished upstairs loft

Attachments

• 87.jpg
    87.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,353
Unfortunatally that is all I have at the moment. I dont have any good pics of the workshop area. It is currently heated with a barrel stove and has been finished for about a year now. So this is not something that I just finished. I would go out and take some pics but it is pretty messy at the moment.

/ My uniquely built 30x50 Pole barn #16  
Nice......Very Nice!!:thumbsup:

/ My uniquely built 30x50 Pole barn #17  
Nice looking building you got there, I just built one the same size with overhead doors on opposite ends and inline with each other so I have a sort of pull through area. On mine I hired out the concrete work because a good friend of mine has a large concrete biz, he does great work and honestly when it comes time to do a 30x50 floor you needs folk that are able and know what they are doing hence I hired it out.
I went with the same pitch on my roof too, sure does suck to walk on those 6/12 metal roofs doesn't it?

/ My uniquely built 30x50 Pole barn #18  
....??? Well I don't know what just happened to the first part of this message where I was expounding on the absolutely fantastic job you've done. The whole complimentary paragraph disappeared when I submitted it?

Also, I wondered about any re-enforcement in the floor concrete, ... wasn't sure if I was seeing some screening laid down or if that was just rake lines in the earth.

I'm just curious,...(certainly NOT being critical),.. heavens sake I never even quite got around to pouring "any" concrete in mine, (30 years ago) still got the plain dirt floor except for the shop section. Shop floor is simply framed, insulated and floored with 5/8" t&g plywood. Shop is just 10' X 10' x 7' high and a small baseboard heater kept my little shop comfy in winter. Had a woodburning Quebec Heater with lots of stovepipe in the rest. Wasn't adequate, but ok for warming your hands occasionally. No insulation either. Just never finished it, too busy restoring and winterizing our 155 year old stone farmhouse which after 35 years is "almost" done ha,ha!

Looking at yours, I'm tempted now to "try" and "clean" it out and pour a floor.

Oh, sorry to run off with "my" thoughts,... good grief man, I just wanted to tell you what a fantastic job you've done there,...and I did NOT miss the part of "you" doing the entire job, "mainly" by yourself,.. CONGRATULATIONS on a really terrific job !!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

CHEERS!
. . tug

Also, I wondered about any re-enforcement in the floor concrete, ... wasn't sure if I was seeing some screening laid down or if that was just rake lines in the earth.

Yes it is re-enforced. That is actually just welded wire fence from a dog kennel I tore down earlier. And it is setting on the bricks to keep it suspended in the concrete instead of just being pushed to the bottom.

. . tug

I went with the same pitch on my roof too, sure does suck to walk on those 6/12 metal roofs doesn't it?

Yes it does. I wouldn't do it without being tied off on mine. It is about a 14' drop. Now my house is also 6/12 but shingles and that is a peice of cake. I walk right to the edge to clean the gutters.

And thanks to everyone for the kind replies. I forgot to mention that if anyone has any specific questions about how or why something was done, feel free to ask.