My Cub Cadet 129

/ My Cub Cadet 129 #1  

tbear72

Tractor
Cub Cadet 129
Hi! I am new to this web site and to tractor life. I grew up on farms and ranches and worked with BIG tractors(40 years ago)-but know I have a Cub Cadet 129 and I am restoring it and have run into a few problems. I need to score an exhaust nipple and a new muffler. The prices I have found so far run from $33 to $93 for the nipple and from $44 to $152 for the muffler. Any insights on which providers are the best and the cheapest would be much appreciated. THANKS so much and I look forward to learning lots about my new tractor and having a "tractor life" (i.e. tilling my new half-acre garden; snow plowing my roads and sidewalks; filling in my pot holes et cetera).
Any insights on the Cub Cadet 129 with the 12 hp kohler and hydrostatic tranny would be wonderful!
thanks,
Your Tractor Life Pard,
T.Bear

/ My Cub Cadet 129 #2  
Welcome. Some think the 129-169 series was the best series of the IH cubs because they had the most refinements without the side engine panels and (IMO, troublesome) rubber ISO mounts on the 1250-1650 series.

I haven't priced Cub parts in a while. There is a specific cub forum here on TBN, and a whole website on IH Cub cadets at www.IHregistry.com where you might get your parts price answers. Plus there is a section on the IHregistry site that tells how to make many of the common repairs these machines need after 40 years.

/ My Cub Cadet 129 #3  
FYI, the IH Registry has been down for several months due to a server crash. The same friendly people are hanging out at Cub Cadet Collectors. That said, Messicks carries parts for Cub Cadets and seems to have lower prices than other CC parts places I've checked: Cub Cadet Parts