Well house roof design help

/ Well house roof design help #21  
Have you considered a roof hatch maybe 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 directly over well.
That way two men could remove roof hatch and then the well service guy could drop his line from his boom down thru the roof hatch hole.

/ Well house roof design help #22  
I'm a licensed water well man here in tx. Just put a whirlybird style vent directly over the well. It leaves enough room to get the hook, weight, and pipe out of the hole.

/ Well house roof design help #23  
kingopen.jpg

Make it like a sawdust bin I built.

/ Well house roof design help #24  
Brilliant, but what is a sawdust bin used for? I know, sawdust, but what do you use the sawdust for?

/ Well house roof design help #25  
Brilliant, but what is a sawdust bin used for? I know, sawdust, but what do you use the sawdust for?

From the remarkably manicured pastures and wonderful fence placements and construction, I'd bet this farm is for royalty horses. Royalty horses get bedded with sawdust and the sawdust is delivered by a box truck with a dump box feature. Back up, unload, close the storage bin. Nice !

/ Well house roof design help #26  
From the remarkably manicured pastures and wonderful fence placements and construction, I'd bet this farm is for royalty horses. Royalty horses get bedded with sawdust and the sawdust is delivered by a box truck with a dump box feature. Back up, unload, close the storage bin. Nice !

You are correct. I don't get to build many of these. Thanks.

/ Well house roof design help #27  
Pickle forks - fork lift tines.

OK, so the kids have a place to go when they are bad ;-)

What my thoughts are is divising a way you can drive up with fork lift tines and just lift the roof off. If you cut a couple of holes for the fork lift to go in, either in the front, or under the eaves on the side, you could probably do this. You might need to shore it up a bit internally but this is how I would approach it. Holes would have some sort of a nice cover as taking the roof off is a once in a never sort of deal.

Not sure what kind of tractor you have, though. It would have some balance issue to look at.
Good idea. What the well people intend to do is attach chains to the roof and lift it off. They did not see where they could hook the chains. Checked with a carpenter, but have not heard back from him after he came out for a "look-see". My tractor is a lawn tractor.

/ Well house roof design help #28  
Can you point me to any info on how you built this sawdust bin? I'm mostly curious about the system that opens the roof and how the roof was made. I'm looking to build a smaller version for a well house to hold the pump, pressure tank and 3-4 whole house filter systems. I need to be able to get above the system to service them on a monthly basis. I also need to insulate it well and add a small heat source for really cold days.