Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2008 Kubota L3400

Boo is doing much better and the vet was pleased with how everything turned out. See details in Rural Living, Javelina Attack.

Bo Fuller

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for enough good men to do nothing"

Tractor
    2008 Kubota L3400

I left the dog at home with my wife to recover this weekend. Today I hauled 20 ton of chat (gravel). It's a 114 mile round trip and I made 3 trips. My butt is tired!

-image-1605550858-jpg

Bo Fuller

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for enough good men to do nothing"

Tractor
    2008 Kubota L3400

I'm still waiting on my permit, but meanwhile there's a zillion things to do.
    Last week we went up for a 5 day weekend and got a lot done. I welded for the first time in my 62 years! My dump truck has two doors that swing out instead of a gate that lifts, making it all but impossible to spread gravel. My neighbor helped me fabricate a spreader, using two pieces of 1 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch square tubing. We welded two brackets on each side and cut two bars to lay in those brackets. Then we screwed plywood to the cross pieces and left an opening at the bottom of about 4 inches. We hauled several loads of road base and it worked great! I wish he would have suggested it a year ago!!
    My neighbor did some of the welding to show me, then let me try my hand. I eventually got use to it, after sticking my rod to the truck several times. A few days later he was welding on his tractor and called me up and said to come over and make a center brace for my spreader, as it would bow out when under a load. He didn't help me much (his plan) and it turned out pretty good.
    I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of it. I won't be back up or a couple weeks, so you'll have to wait.

Bo Fuller

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520,

Default Re: AZ ranch

Quote Originally Posted by BoFuller View Post
    I'm still waiting on my permit, but meanwhile there's a zillion things to do.
    Last week we went up for a 5 day weekend and got a lot done. I welded for the first time in my 62 years! My dump truck has two doors that swing out instead of a gate that lifts, making it all but impossible to spread gravel. My neighbor helped me fabricate a spreader, using two pieces of 1 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch square tubing. We welded two brackets on each side and cut two bars to lay in those brackets. Then we screwed plywood to the cross pieces and left an opening at the bottom of about 4 inches. We hauled several loads of road base and it worked great! I wish he would have suggested it a year ago!!
    My neighbor did some of the welding to show me, then let me try my hand. I eventually got use to it, after sticking my rod to the truck several times. A few days later he was welding on his tractor and called me up and said to come over and make a center brace for my spreader, as it would bow out when under a load. He didn't help me much (his plan) and it turned out pretty good.
    I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of it. I won't be back up or a couple weeks, so you'll have to wait.
    Mr. Fuller Are you going to have the permit dated 2013 because the working weather is about over.
    Been trying to weld like all the pictures look since the little cracker box machine was shown how to build in popular mechanics mag. still looks like some one needing to learn. but it holds what ever needed welding.
    Best purchase I've made was a good grinder to hide the welding tracks.

Dog healed by this time?
    ken

Tractor
    2008 Kubota L3400

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Mr. Fuller Are you going to have the permit dated 2013 because the working weather is about over.
    Been trying to weld like all the pictures look since the little cracker box machine was shown how to build in popular mechanics mag. still looks like some one needing to learn. but it holds what ever needed welding.
    Best purchase I've made was a good grinder to hide the welding tracks.

Dog healed by this time?
    ken
    Ken,

Our dog is almost completely healed, and doing great. Thanks.

I will still try to get the permit asap, as I hear the county is planning on adopting a more updated code, which will no doubt make it even harder. Even if I don't do anything for 5 months, I'd rather get the stupid permit as soon as I can.

And yes, I spent a LOT of time grinding on my welding project. LOL
    When I do take pictures, I don't think I will take any close-ups, as it would just be something to laugh about!

Bo Fuller

Tractor
    2008 Kubota L3400

The County contacted me yesterday and said they made their decision on the road name. We submitted about a dozen choices, 8 of which they struck off, saying they were too close to another name. So with all 6 ballots counted, the new name is;

Wild Hogs Road

4 of the six owners ride motorcycles, so I guess that's why it won.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-3618136232-jpg  

Bo Fuller

Tractor
    2008 Kubota L3400

There is no picture. That was a mistake and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Bo Fuller

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Wild Hogs Road....I like!
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Tractor
    2008 Kubota L3400

-img_0994-jpg

We got the new road sign put up this past weekend.

Bo Fuller

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520,

Quote Originally Posted by BoFuller View Post
    -img_0994-jpg

We got the new road sign put up this past weekend.
    Mr. Fuller maybe now the building permit can be submitted they will be able to locate your house.
    Sure lost a good fall and so far light winter in putting up material.
    Did they complete the testing of the logs.

Weather here has been excellant 35 at night and 55 day time Just need rain were about 12 inches short this year.
    Guess you didn't win the lottery Some one from Fountain did. Population about 500 ?
    as usual never bought a ticket figure about the same chances of winning.
    ken

Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast