AZ ranch

/ AZ ranch #41  
surprised no "diesel or gas" tank on property yet.

you mentioned propane tank and some generators. there are a few companies that sell after market conversion kits for most generators (all sizes and makes and models). that convert them from regular gas to propane.

if propane is at a descent price for your area. and hauling gas cans back and forth. it might very well be worth it for ya.

as for me, the conversion is on the to do list.

=============
on another note, plz be careful on handling the water. and let it setting. and suggest keeping on adding chlorine as needed, or adding bleach to water. so stuff does not begin to grow in your water tanks

/ AZ ranch

you mentioned propane tank and some generators. there are a few companies that sell after market conversion kits for most generators (all sizes and makes and models). that convert them from regular gas to propane.

if propane is at a descent price for your area. and hauling gas cans back and forth. it might very well be worth it for ya.

=============
on another note, plz be careful on handling the water. and let it setting. and suggest keeping on adding chlorine as needed, or adding bleach to water. so stuff does not begin to grow in your water tanks

I hadn't thought of alternatives for powering the generator. I'm not in a huge hurry for it, since I already have a 1000W and a 5000W one on hand. I'll look around some more.

/ AZ ranch
I went back up to the ranch after being busy down here in civilization for a month. It was great to have a few days in paradise! I bought a 525 gal water trailer and hauled it up last Thursday. I stopped in Seligman and filled it up and pulled onto the property around 6pm. It took me the next couple hours trying to get the water from the water trailer to the travel trailer. The water trailer sits too low and I couldn't get any water to go into the travel trailer's holding tank. Previously I used a 100 gal tank in the back of my Tacoma. It has 4 inches of lift, so it sits about 2 feet higher than the new water trailer, and I have been alble to rely on gravity for filling the tank in the travel trailer. I ended up going into town in the morning and filling the 100 gal tank. The new water trailer is still sitting there full. Make mental note to self to get a water pump! I hadn't needed it before, so I just didn't think to get one before I went up there. :confused2:

/ AZ ranch
I also did some more grading and made a permanent connection for the waste water. My wife made a last minute trip to CA to babysit her granddaughters and she took the camera with her. We're going back in a couple days, so I'll get caught up with pictures.

/ AZ ranch
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I installed my Quick Attach on my Kubota L3400. When we go back in a couple days, I'll be trailering up my new QA Kubota bucket and the new Gearmore forks. :thumbsup:

/ AZ ranch #46  
I went back up to the ranch after being busy down here in civilization for a month. It was great to have a few days in paradise! I bought a 525 gal water trailer and hauled it up last Thursday. I stopped in Seligman and filled it up and pulled onto the property around 6pm. It took me the next couple hours trying to get the water from the water trailer to the travel trailer. The water trailer sits too low and I couldn't get any water to go into the travel trailer's holding tank. Previously I used a 100 gal tank in the back of my Tacoma. It has 4 inches of lift, so it sits about 2 feet higher than the new water trailer, and I have been alble to rely on gravity for filling the tank in the travel trailer. I ended up going into town in the morning and filling the 100 gal tank. The new water trailer is still sitting there full. Make mental note to self to get a water pump! I hadn't needed it before, so I just didn't think to get one before I went up there. :confused2:

Unhook the pump from your trailer tank and hook it right to the trailer and suck out of that one.

Better yet put a valve on your trailer tank tee in to the line between the pump and new valve put a valve on that 3rd leg and then hook that to your portable tank open both valves and it will back fill to the trailer tank.
Need more water turn off trailer tank and the valve to from the trailer uncouple it and fetch more water.

/ AZ ranch
Unhook the pump from your trailer tank and hook it right to the trailer and suck out of that one.

Better yet put a valve on your trailer tank tee in to the line between the pump and new valve put a valve on that 3rd leg and then hook that to your portable tank open both valves and it will back fill to the trailer tank.
Need more water turn off trailer tank and the valve to from the trailer uncouple it and fetch more water.

I hadn't thought of that. I'll check it out when I head back up there in a couple days. Thanks!

/ AZ ranch
Here is my latest toy for the ranch. A 1980 Ford F8000 dumptruck. 10 spd with 2 spd rear end. 3208 CAT engine. Bed is 16 ft X 8 ft and it was rated for 27,500 lbs. I downgraded it at registration to 25,750 so I don't have to get a CDL. I do still need my air brake license/endorsement. I also got farm plates so registration was about $240 a year. She said it would have been $1350/yr for commercial. :cool:

Attachments

• May 8 trip to our ranch near Seligman 055.jpg
    May 8 trip to our ranch near Seligman 055.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 542
   / AZ ranch
The tires that were on my dump truck were really bad. 3 of the 4 rears were like 1/32, beyond recapping. Since 90% of my driving will be off pavement, I got these monster grip tires.

Attachments

• May 8 trip to our ranch near Seligman 057.jpg
    May 8 trip to our ranch near Seligman 057.jpg
    773.8 KB · Views: 517
   / AZ ranch

=============

Where would I go to see about getting a diesel tank on the ranch? Would that be feasible? With all the regulations now, would I have to get a double-walled tank and have inspections on a regular basis?

Last edited: