AZ ranch

/ AZ ranch
I also installed my QA and then hooked up my new bucket. I got forks too, but forgot to take a picture og them. Next weekend. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• May 8 trip to our ranch near Seligman 049.jpg
    May 8 trip to our ranch near Seligman 049.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 366
   / AZ ranch #52  
Where would I go to see about getting a diesel tank on the ranch? Would that be feasible? With all the regulations now, would I have to get a double-walled tank and have inspections on a regular basis?

I'd 1 st call a bulk oil delovery guy for proceing and advice then check with the local fire board or the likes of it if necessary.
Around here we can have ~ 575 gallons unless you are a farm use industrial is a real headache with the secondary containment ect.

If there is a problem with a 500 gallon skid tank then.
If you were going to "heat with fuel oil" ;) you could borrow some from the tank (even if it doesn't get hooked to a heater)

some times you have to be creative in your thinking

/ AZ ranch #54  
Oh yeah, here is my garage. I bought the tractor before we closed on the property and needed something for a garage for the tractor, the quad, and tools, so I bought this 40 ft container and had it hauled up there. Works real well. Instant garage. It holds my 12 ft quad trailer, the quad, and my tractor with FEL and back scraper on. If I pull the trailer out, I can get my tractor and my truck (Tacoma) in there.

Great idea. Just finishing up on a remodel, and sure wish I had gotten a 20' container to store things in when I needed to clean out the house for interior work. Water tight, and secure. Thinking about getting one to bury for a root cellar and/or tractor garage... Would love to happen across one vs buying at street prices.

/ AZ ranch #55  
The water trailer sits too low and I couldn't get any water to go into the travel trailer's holding tank. Previously I used a 100 gal tank in the back of my Tacoma. It has 4 inches of lift, so it sits about 2 feet higher than the new water trailer, and I have been alble to rely on gravity for filling the tank in the travel trailer.

Perhaps you can use your tractor and dump truck to build up an area next to your travel trailer for parking the water trailer. Just drive it up the hill, then it sits high enough to gravity feed. Another alternative is to get a pump for the trailer -- that may come in handy when you need pressurized water somethere else on the property.

/ AZ ranch
How did you come to that conclusion?

Anything with airbrakes requires an air brake license/endorsement is what the MVD told me. Big rig, motorhome, farm truck, whatever.

/ AZ ranch
Anything with airbrakes requires an air brake license/endorsement is what the MVD told me. Big rig, motorhome, farm truck, whatever.

So now I am totally confused. When I registered my dump truck last week in one town, the MVD said I could "downgrade" it from 27,500 to 25,700 and got farm plates. Then they said I still needed an airbrake license, a DOT #, and a DOT physical, but not a CDL.
So I got a physical yesterday, the DOT #, and went in this morning to take the airbrake test (another town in another county) and they said that it is illegal to downgrade, and that I needed a Class B CDL and that I couldn't take the airbrake test. They also said that farm plates didn't make any difference as to whether you needed a CDL! :confused:
Gotta love government agencies. :confused2:
I guess I'll wait until I'm back in the first town and county to proceed.

/ AZ ranch #60  
So now I am totally confused. When I registered my dump truck last week in one town, the MVD said I could "downgrade" it from 27,500 to 25,700 and got farm plates. Then they said I still needed an airbrake license, a DOT #, and a DOT physical, but not a CDL.
So I got a physical yesterday, the DOT #, and went in this morning to take the airbrake test (another town in another county) and they said that it is illegal to downgrade, and that I needed a Class B CDL and that I couldn't take the airbrake test. They also said that farm plates didn't make any difference as to whether you needed a CDL! :confused:
Gotta love government agencies. :confused2:
I guess I'll wait until I'm back in the first town and county to proceed.
This is straight out of the CDL manual for Arizona:

You must have a CDL to operate:
Any single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating
(GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more.

A combination vehicle with a gross combined weight
rating (GCWR) of 26,001 or more pounds, if the trailer(s)
has a GVWR of 10,001 or more pounds.

A vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers
(including the driver).

Any size vehicle which requires hazardous material
placards or is carrying material listed as a select agent
or toxin in 42 CFR part 73. Federal regulations require a
background records check and fingerprinting through the
Department of Homeland Security when applying for the
Hazardous Materials endorsement.

Vehicles that do not require a CDL to drive but are equipped
with air brakes may be driven by a non-CDL holder.

So you should not need a CDL just because it has air brakes.

I personally have never heard of downgrading a GVWR but that does not mean it doesnt happen.

If I were you I would just take their test and take your truck to take the driving test. Then you are covered no matter what situation, on the highway, on your ranch or anything else. You have a very nice tool there I wouldnt limit myself in how much or where I could haul anything.