Planning a Pole Barn Shop - Many Questions

/ Planning a Pole Barn Shop - Many Questions #1  

jeepcat

Tractor
Kubota M5700
Hi All!

Been a member for longer than I thought but haven't been here in a while LOL.

We moved to our new place in '07. I gained a bunch of land - but lost my shop.

After kicking it around for 4 years I finally decided that I was missing alot of good times by putting it off so here I am.

This will be used primarily for working on my broncos, boat, woodworking, etc. Heaviest thing that will ever be inside will be my M5700.

I have listed my specs / thoughts / questions below. I look forward to your feedback. THANKS!

42 x 56 x 12 Cleary energy mizer. I looked around and priced it to death - at the end of the day I had the most confidence in the guys I was dealing with.

Funding - cash + a Title I improvement loan. Rate 7.95 fixed for 20 - no appraisal

Plan on partitioning off a 12 x 42 section with "bonus room" above

Double bubble foil faced in roof (thoughts)

Foil faced bubble in walls (I have a ton of this) then Rigid wall board insulation from here: Ken Nichols Insulation-Factory Seconds, Sullivan, IL, Illinois Discounted Yellow Foam Insulation Sullivan IL Foam Insulation Illinois Discount Foam Insulation

7/16 OSB on interior walls as needed

Eventually white metal ceiling with blown in above

4 3500 PSI concrete (poured after) fiber, wwm or rebar?

Gravel bed for slab size? how deep? put in before or after construction?

One thing that is driving me crazy is the premium they all charge for framing openings. I get the cost of an OHD opening (big header) but the windows are crazy.

Re: Pouring the slab, I wanted them to leave a few sheets off the back so I could pour from both sides. They suggested to 塗ire someone that uses Georgia buggies

Drive to shop has to be concrete for my 68 Ford XL. BUT it keeps getting longer so I am thinking about pouring two strips sand saving a bunch of $$ unless they kill me on forming.

This is a wet area with lots of dew and a good running stream a 100 yards away, with that:
I assume vapor barrier between rock and slab + dbl bubble on roof above is sufficient?

Seal concrete or not?

Thanks again! I will keep thinkin LOL

/ Planning a Pole Barn Shop - Many Questions #2  
On the concrete ask whoever is going to finish your concrete if they want to do it before or after. I did mine before I put the sheets on the walls so the finishers could reach in from the sides to finish the edges nice and pretty. Wire mesh and rebar, no need for fiber but if it makes you happy do it.
For the gravel base underneath I would also ask whoever is going to pour your slab.

For the drive to the shop, you might look into going with 2" rock as a base then layer it with a finer aggregate then top it with lime all the while compacting each layer by renting a roller.

/ Planning a Pole Barn Shop - Many Questions #3  
just had a 36x40x12 put up did the double bubble in roof,5" 3500 psi floor with wire reinforcement,2b stone under slab some places as thick as 12" most places6",pour was made using wheel barrows,osb sounds good for walls