JD 2320 in my shed, will floor support it?

/ JD 2320 in my shed, will floor support it? #1  

sbussell

Tractor
John Deere 2320
Will be getting a JD2320 with FEL and ballast box shortly. I'm estimating it will be around 3000 lbs total. Wondering if it's a bad idea to store it in my shed (8' x 16'). Floor is framed with 2x8 16" on center spanning 8 feet. It's decked with 2x6. I'm sure this exceeds the 40 lbs/sq foot live load that you find in most of the building tables, but I can't find anything that talks about an 8 foot span. Thanks.

/ JD 2320 in my shed, will floor support it? #2  
You probably have 500lbs on each front wheel and 1000lbs on each rear. or somewhere close to that 600/900 etc...

The rear wheels have a foot print of aprx 1 sq foot. That is 900 to 1000 lbs per ft.

Also I assume the joist run side to side. That would mean both rear wheels sitting on one joist or splitting the weight between two joists 1800 to 2000lbs..

Thats a lot of weight on a 2x8. Over time I image it would warp.

/ JD 2320 in my shed, will floor support it? #3  
From my Architectural Graphic Standards 2 X 8 on 16 inch centers with a span of 9' 9" can take a load of 60 pounds per square inch live load.

Having said that, 2 X 6 flooring may be your weak link, but that is also a lot of load to put on both the joists and flooring.

It may be worthwhile to install some bracing where the wheels will be resting.

Thanks

/ JD 2320 in my shed, will floor support it?
Thanks for the comments. I'll have to give this some thought. May try to see if I can run a 4x4 down the center and break the span. The ultimate plan is to build a lean to roof on the shed and park the tractor there. Thanks again.