metal garage / barn

/ metal garage / barn #1  

mountain1

Tractor
Cub Cadet LTX 1046
I'm looking at building a garage with a workshop attached in the back and storage in the attic. I was thinking about a 45x30 building, with a minimum two car doors.

Anyone have any companies they would suggest? I know of Mortons, but just want to get a few to compare. Plus I've heard they are pretty expensive...

/ metal garage / barn #2  
I'm looking at building a garage with a workshop attached in the back and storage in the attic. I was thinking about a 45x30 building, with a minimum two car doors.

Anyone have any companies they would suggest? I know of Mortons, but just want to get a few to compare. Plus I've heard they are pretty expensive...

I got a Cleary, and am not happy with that. I think they skimped on framework compared to others I have had.

/ metal garage / barn #3  
morton makes a great product, but your right there expensive. Funny the other poster mentioned cleary, cause my friends used them....had a terrible experience. the crews were always changing, and they actually installed damaged metal on building.

I ended up just hiring a local pole barn company and drew up my own designs. They made it for 60# snow loads with engineer....were very happy. We have 2 other marching buildings on the property.

My advice is.....consider the size you want...then make it 50% larger. You'll wish you did later

Attachments

• sarriage house 1.jpg
    sarriage house 1.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 1,555
  • Carriage house front.jpg
    Carriage house front.jpg
    982.2 KB · Views: 1,220
  • Carriage house back.jpg
    Carriage house back.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 569
   / metal garage / barn #4  
Where are you located? I had excellent results by having a local Amish builder build a pole/metal bldg. Price was 1000's less and they did a great job and over built it !

/ metal garage / barn #5  
morton makes a great product, but your right there expensive. Funny the other poster mentioned cleary, cause my friends used them....had a terrible experience. the crews were always changing, and they actually installed damaged metal on building.

I keep hearing over and over again how Morton is so terrific and from what I've seen their buildings do look very nice. BUT, I've been dealing with one of their sales people locally and I am not at all impressed with my experience thus far. I'm trying to decide exactly how I want to build my new house and shop. Cost will be a large factor so I've asked for some early estimates what it might cost to build a couple of different pole structures to help me determine 1) If I am going to go with a pole framed structure or a traditional poured foundation and (2) How big a pole structure I would build if I go that route. I've talked to the sales guy about half a dozen times since November 2010 and he never gets back to me. I've faxed him sketches with specifications and dimensions of what I'd be looking to build on more than one occasion and he never gets back to me. Seeing as it's been nearly 6 months since I first talked to him and he has yet to return a single of my calls (I only get to talk to him if I call him) I'm thinking that I've got a really crappy Morton sales office in my area. I inquired about CB Structures when I saw an advertised special of theirs and they were very nice and helpful. I ultimately decided not to pursue that particular project but I will likely touch base with CB Structures again to ask for some help in my preliminary planning stages. It's just frustrating because I hear so many great things about Morton and my experience has been the exact opposite.

/ metal garage / barn #6  
I keep hearing over and over again how Morton is so terrific and from what I've seen their buildings do look very nice. BUT, I've been dealing with one of their sales people locally and I am not at all impressed with my experience thus far. I'm trying to decide exactly how to ask for some help in my preliminary planning stages. It's just frustrating because I hear so many great things about Morton and my experience has been the exact opposite.

if they wont get back to you during bidding stages.... youll never see them if theres a problem.

/ metal garage / barn #7  
I keep hearing over and over again how Morton is so terrific and from what I've seen their buildings do look very nice. BUT, I've been dealing with one of their sales people locally and I am not at all impressed with my experience thus far. I'm trying to decide exactly how I want to build my new house and shop. Cost will be a large factor so I've asked for some early estimates what it might cost to build a couple of different pole structures to help me determine 1) If I am going to go with a pole framed structure or a traditional poured foundation and (2) How big a pole structure I would build if I go that route. I've talked to the sales guy about half a dozen times since November 2010 and he never gets back to me. I've faxed him sketches with specifications and dimensions of what I'd be looking to build on more than one occasion and he never gets back to me. Seeing as it's been nearly 6 months since I first talked to him and he has yet to return a single of my calls (I only get to talk to him if I call him) I'm thinking that I've got a really crappy Morton sales office in my area. I inquired about CB Structures when I saw an advertised special of theirs and they were very nice and helpful. I ultimately decided not to pursue that particular project but I will likely touch base with CB Structures again to ask for some help in my preliminary planning stages. It's just frustrating because I hear so many great things about Morton and my experience has been the exact opposite.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
From what I'm reading you are wanting a custom or semi-custom design and Morton is clearly not interested in that type of building relationship. I believe if you choose one of their designed buildings you may find them very different to work with.

/ metal garage / barn #8  
-----------------------------------------------------------------
From what I'm reading you are wanting a custom or semi-custom design and Morton is clearly not interested in that type of building relationship. I believe if you choose one of their designed buildings you may find them very different to work with.

That could be, but I wouldn't think of a 38' x 36' x 12' or 36' x 56' x 14' building as terribly custom. I was looking for a standard 6/12 roof pitch. About the only things that I was looking for that were any different than the standard buildings that I see all the time was that I wanted them sheathed in OSB with vinyl siding instead of metal. And also I asked if they could extend their truss spacing from 8 feet to 14 or 16 feet for the end of the building with the appropriate reinforcing (which they said was fairly common and no problem). Other than that I was just looking for your standard box.

/ metal garage / barn #10  

If you would tell us where you are located then someone in that area might beable to respond with area specific information!:D