Finally the barn.

/ Finally the barn.
Day Seven.. We have a competed barn. Now I'll be asking lot a questions about the finish work.. First will be running electrical.

Attachments

• DSC_0279.JPG
    DSC_0279.JPG
    445 KB · Views: 406
  • DSC_0280.JPG
    DSC_0280.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC_0281.JPG
    DSC_0281.JPG
    453.5 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC_0283.JPG
    DSC_0283.JPG
    438.6 KB · Views: 326
   / Finally the barn. #42  
What's GPB?

Beside Georgia Public Broadcasting :)

Oh, looks really good, BTW :thumbsup:

/ Finally the barn.
Ok now that the shell is up.. Need to move to the next phase(s).
First I need to know what would be next best move.
I will finish out the walls with 2by material between the poles.
I plan on putting either 2' or 16" on center 2"x6" between the poles.
Whats the best way to nail these in place. I know that I will be using 2"x4" girts spaced 2' or 4' apart. Is girt the correct word? Should I attemp to toe-nail to the back girt, this is the one that the siding is screwed to. Or just put nails through the front/inside girt and maybe a little construction adhesive on the back girt.

Now here is another question I have.. Should I run elctrical before putting these in or after?

Wedge

/ Finally the barn. #45  
If it was mine, I personally would have it float. I'd have the concrete floor in first, then build the walls 16" OC and seal/nail bottom plate to floor and ends nailed into the poles. I wouldnt touch the batten boards for your siding. Electrical would come last as you can put the boxes/wires within the walls you put up just like a house.

/ Finally the barn. #46  
Now here is another question I have.. Should I run elctrical before putting these in or after?

Wedge

Based on my personal experience, get ALL the framing done and THEN run electrical.

/ Finally the barn.
Wow been over a year since the barn was done. Finally talked with a concrete guy and have my pex and manifolds in hand. I've used LoopCad to layout the pex. Took a few days to learn the software. All loops lengths are within 10% of each other. Hoping to have cement in the next month before it gets to cold to pour. Cement will be 5" accross the most of it with two 2'x3' pads that will be 8" thick. The pads are for a furture 2-post lift.. Once we they get started on getting this done I'll post photos.

Wedge

/ Finally the barn. #49  
Nice barn, didyou install gutters and down spouts? Concrete under lean to? Can you post you Cad loop plan? Any resent pics of interior and loft stoage? Have you decided on hat sorce, boiler?

Dave

/ Finally the barn. #50  
Wedge your post is what inspired my project! Here are some pic of of my build!img11.jpgimg14.jpgimg17.jpgimg18.jpgimg33.jpgimg35.jpg I'm at the point of getting electrical trenched in and starting the interior finish and seperation wall between shop side and storage side.