Finally the barn.

/ Finally the barn. #1  

wedge40

Veteran Member
I went yesterday and signed the contract and put a down payment on the barn.

40'x56'x12' with a 12'Wx9' tall shed roof along the 56' side. Post are 8' O.C.. Trusses are attic trusses with 12'wx6' tall storage area. 2, 12'x11' garage doors and one 36" entrance door. And last but not least 7 3'x3' windows.

No cement at this time..

10-12 week lead time.. I'll know when they can get to it maybe next week.
Dont worry I plan on taking off work so photograph the process.

Wedge

/ Finally the barn. #2  
Just finished, well almost. :D You'll like a 3' x 4' window better.
Day_4_End_3.jpg

/ Finally the barn. #4  
I'm in the process of building mine, 30'x50'x14' with a 10' porch on the 50' side and 12'x12' roll up doors. Pretty much doing it myself with a bit of help from family and a welder friend.

Good luck on you project. BTW I'll be posting pictures soon:)

/ Finally the barn.
Bubble up the thread.
Looks like sometime early August before they can get to the barn. Better than I expected. I thought I was looking at September time frame.
I still need to steak the area so they know exactly were to put the barn. Also go to get building permit.

Wedge

/ Finally the barn. #6  
Bubble up the thread.
Looks like sometime early August before they can get to the barn. Better than I expected. I thought I was looking at September time frame.
I still need to steak the area so they know exactly were to put the barn. Also go to get building permit.

Wedge

Steak, yum!!

Are you also going to put in stakes so they know where to put the barn?
(Sorry, I couldn't resist a chance to tease over a tasty typo. Must be about dinner time.)

How about some pictures of the land so we can begin visualizing how it's going to be?

/ Finally the barn.
Steak, yum!!

Are you also going to put in stakes so they know where to put the barn?
(Sorry, I couldn't resist a chance to tease over a tasty typo. Must be about dinner time.)

How about some pictures of the land so we can begin visualizing how it's going to be?

No around here we mark em with t-bones. LOL

/ Finally the barn. #8  
No around here we mark em with t-bones. LOL

Those steaks won't be there long. I'll have them all ate up as soon as you put them out. :laughing:

I may have to fight the puppy in my avatar over them. By the way, Rex (Puppy in my avatar) will be 2 July 5th.

Can't wait to see the barn.

Chad

/ Finally the barn. #9  
I went yesterday and signed the contract and put a down payment on the barn.

40'x56'x12' with a 12'Wx9' tall shed roof along the 56' side. Post are 8' O.C.. Trusses are attic trusses with 12'wx6' tall storage area. 2, 12'x11' garage doors and one 36" entrance door. And last but not least 7 3'x3' windows.

No cement at this time..
10-12 week lead time.. I'll know when they can get to it maybe next week.
Dont worry I plan on taking off work so photograph the process.
Wedge

I put a 6' storage are in my trusses and by the time I had my flooring in and all, I did not have 6' clearance :mur: that's right I keep hitting my head on the trusses that they meassured the 6' at the peak. If you can afford it I would go higher than 6'. But still CONGRADULATIONS on the new Barn. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/ Finally the barn.
I put a 6' storage are in my trusses and by the time I had my flooring in and all, I did not have 6' clearance :mur: that's right I keep hitting my head on the trusses that they meassured the 6' at the peak. If you can afford it I would go higher than 6'. But still CONGRADULATIONS on the new Barn. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well, this is were being vertically challenged comes in handy.. I'm whopping 63 inches tall. LOL. :D
I'll try and post some photos of the "area" this weekend. It has finally started to grow weeds, so I'll need to either rake it again or run the mover over it.