What I did this Weekend

/ What I did this Weekend #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
I won the bid to clean out a friend's small pond of muck.:D

I wished I had a mini ex. and a skid steer loader with a wheeled dump bucket to work it, as the pond (I call it a lagoon) had turf all around it and is "Y"shaped, along with a brick retaining wall besides a covered patio. I had to move the muck spoils to the nearby garden for composting.

The Big RED Beast did the job okay, but is just too large and backhoe swing restricted for a back yard work site while dodging numerous shoreline plants. I know the mini ex and skid steer loader could have done it in half the time.;)

I also had to pound it 8 pier posts. It was the first time to pound posts and it was exciting watching a friend hold the 4x4 post while I tried to push the post to start it without pounding my friend. It could have went real quick into the toilet.:eek:

I also had to muck out the channel to a nearby island for a culvert and rock walkway, (and move about 16 yards of large rock) along with dig a sump hole for the pump that fills the lagoon from the 4 acre lake's shoreline.

I was told the lake is 4 acres, but it looks to me to be about 2.5 acres.:confused:

Anyway, I hope to be doing more of these weekend job.:licking:

But next time I am gonna wear a long sleeve shirt. I have a "farmer's tan" from where the short sleeve ended down to my lilly white hands that were hiding in work gloves.:mad:
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 6-18-11 Mucking Out Large Koi Pond or Lagoon.jpg
    6-18-11 Mucking Out Large Koi Pond or Lagoon.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 731
  • 6-18-11 Big RED Beast Mucking Out Island Channel.jpg
    6-18-11 Big RED Beast Mucking Out Island Channel.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 901
  • 6-18-11 Pounded Pier Posts.jpg
    6-18-11 Pounded Pier Posts.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 652
  • 6-18-11Big RED Beast Ready To Set Culvert.jpg
    6-18-11Big RED Beast Ready To Set Culvert.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 729
  • 6-18-11 Sump Pump Hole For Lagoon.jpg
    6-18-11 Sump Pump Hole For Lagoon.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 662
   / What I did this Weekend #2  
Hi Brandi

After watching you and Eddie perform, you are quite talented with the `beast`.....Looking forward to seeing some water in the pictures, or are you all experiencing the same drought as we are? Tony

/ What I did this Weekend #3  
Brandi,

I'm sure my eyes are playing tricks with my, but why does it look like there is a gnome at the controls of your backhoe in the second picture?

Eddie

/ What I did this Weekend #5  
Brandi,

I'm sure my eyes are playing tricks with my, but why does it look like there is a gnome at the controls of your backhoe in the second picture?

Eddie

Eddie, that looks like a shirt or sweat towel lying on the seat,:laughing: what looks like the head is the right rear fender with tail light, I had to take a second look but I have seen gnomes run a backhoe before, they never done that good of job.:D

/ What I did this Weekend
Hi Brandi

After watching you and Eddie perform, you are quite talented with the `beast`.....Looking forward to seeing some water in the pictures, or are you all experiencing the same drought as we are? Tony

Tony,
Thanks!;) The lake and "lagoon" are about 8 miles from me. Don't know when I will get back over there.

My pond is about 6 feet below the overflow pipe. I lost about 6 inches in the last week alone. We are in what the weather folks are calling an exceptional drought.
hugs, Brandi

Brandi,

Eddie

Eddie,
Damifino got it right. I have towels on both seats with bungee cords holding them on as that black vinyl gets too hot to sit on in 101 degree heat.

The right fender does look like a head. The wind was blowing good out there and the towel was being whipped around.

It is so windy there, my friend has two wind generators just installed. This is about a half mile from Lake Conroe.

The photos below show the wind generator towers, along with all the plants I had to work around. The "lagoon" is to the left of the nearest wind generator tower with the lake behind the far tower. The garden and muck spoils pile is to the right.

So I had to keep my eyes peeled for all of these. Especially around the towers. They are massive with about a 9 foot square of concrete as an underground foundation.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 6-18-11 Ronnie's Wind Generators.jpg
    6-18-11 Ronnie's Wind Generators.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 6-18-11 Ronnie's lake and wind turbine towers.jpg
    6-18-11 Ronnie's lake and wind turbine towers.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 261
Eddie, that looks like a shirt or sweat towel lying on the seat,:laughing: what looks like the head is the right rear fender with tail light, I had to take a second look but I have seen gnomes run a backhoe before, they never done that good of job.:D

Damifino,
I wish a gnome had been operating the backhoe on those slopes.;) It helps when one can see over the control console.:laughing:
Thanks!!!:)
hugs, Brandi

/ What I did this Weekend #10  
But next time I am gonna wear a long sleeve shirt. I have a "farmer's tan" from where the short sleeve ended down to my lilly white hands that were hiding in work gloves.:mad:
hugs, Brandi

Any pic's ? :D

Boone

:)