Carriage House Doors or...?

/ Carriage House Doors or...? #1  

Gizmo2

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2320
Decision, decisions!
Carriage house doors or standard residential raised panel doors?
Either would have top windows and either would be steel insulated.

IMG_0091_1.jpg Carriage house door Carriage.jpg

/ Carriage House Doors or...? #2  
Carriage, gives it that custom country look.

/ Carriage House Doors or...?
My wife likes it a lot I'm not completely sold. i could go either way. The carriage house doors cost more but I only plan on buying once.

I did some photo shop work......
Day_4_End_1_Carriage.jpg

/ Carriage House Doors or...? #4  
I like the look of the carriage style. Like you said, you're only going to buy once. Nice looking building!

/ Carriage House Doors or...? #5  
If it were me and I had the money I would do the carriage style doors. I have always thought they were way more appealing then your standard door. :)

/ Carriage House Doors or...? #6  
If you go with Carriage, make or paint some hinges on the jamb side. Hinges on CH doors show on both the door and jamb. Just my 2 cents.

/ Carriage House Doors or...? #7  
Normally I like carriage house doors a lot but I don't think it matches the style of building. They look too nice to go with corrugated metal. Don't get me wrong, the building is very nice and carriage house doors are nice, just not together. But that's just my opinion.

Normally I like carriage house doors a lot but I don't think it matches the style of building. They look too nice to go with corrugated metal. Don't get me wrong, the building is very nice and carriage house doors are nice, just not together. But that's just my opinion.
That is exactly why I disagreed with the wife. Guess who won?
I told the wife they may look too highfalutin, ritzy, and out of place.
Actually the I don't like the looks of the standard doors at all, they really take away from the building, not to mention everyone has them. The standard doors also have lines in them that run horizontal to the ground and perpendicular to the metal and really made things look bad, IMO. We're not what I would call upper crust by no stretch but I don't mind being a little different or original.

/ Carriage House Doors or...? #9  

I am leaning in that direction also. Maybe something like this:
Traditional Garage Doors

Similar but without the arched element and hinge appearance.

I agree the right door can take away from the somewhat plain metal look of your building, just not sure what the best choice is. It is a nice building.
Dave.

I am leaning in that direction also. Maybe something like this:
Traditional Garage Doors

Similar but without the arched element and hinge appearance.

I agree the right door can take away from the somewhat plain metal look of your building, just not sure what the best choice is. It is a nice building.
Dave.
Again, along the lines of my thinking. The door we now have in mind, we both like the window inserts better and the inserts match the building windows. We may leave the look alike hinges off. Think the wife will notice.:D

Short.jpg