Time Lapse Video

/ Time Lapse Video #1  

ch47dpilot

Gold Member
Tractor
07 Kubota L3400
I'm building a house in 2 years and wanted to do the construction on time lapse video. My lap top with windows 7 has the perfect program for this. i was going to experiment with my pole barn build. I'm thinking about just making a watertight box with a plexiglass front(not sure about glare) and put it on top of a pole. Anybody done something like this before? Any suggestions? I'd turn off computer at dusk and then restart at dawn each day but not sure if it would last 9-12 months of that much use

/ Time Lapse Video #2  
A game cam might be a better choice, they are rugged, designed to be outside in all weather and is triggered by infrared heat source. Check them out and see if one will fill the bill. Neat idea, wish I'd thought of that while building my barn.

/ Time Lapse Video #3  
Try this company for inexpensive weatherproof camera ...... Wingscapes BirdCam - Audubon BirdCam, Timelapse PlantCam and BirdCam 2.0 . I have the plantcam and it works quite well and comes complete with a bunch of goodies. One of the neat features is that it can link pics to make a movie or you can take a series of short movies at various time intervals and then link into one larger movie. Looks like they have one called the projectcam that is right up your alley. I purchased from Amazon...Gary

/ Time Lapse Video #4  
I have small bits of video saved from my Samsung security camera that I want to stitch together for a video, similar to time lapse stills, anyone know of a software that will fit my bill?

Sorry to hijack.... :eek:

/ Time Lapse Video #5  
You can stitch basic video together with Wndows Movie Maker or whatever it's called. If you don't have it installed, you can download it from Microsoft. Win 7 has a new version called Windows Live Movie maker. Free and it works.

/ Time Lapse Video #6  
Plotwatcher has a new camera called the Plotwatcher Pro. It can be set to take pictures at various timing. Anything from every 1 second to every 30 minutes. It uses 8 AA batteries and they will last about a month. The camera comes with the software to stitch the pictures into a movie. It costs about 240 dollars, but it would be about the best thing for what you want too do unless you want to spend some really big bucks.

Day 6 Outdoors PlotWatcher Camera - The Plot Watcher

/ Time Lapse Video #7  
I'm building a house in 2 years and wanted to do the construction on time lapse video. My lap top with windows 7 has the perfect program for this. i was going to experiment with my pole barn build. I'm thinking about just making a watertight box with a plexiglass front(not sure about glare) and put it on top of a pole. Anybody done something like this before? Any suggestions? I'd turn off computer at dusk and then restart at dawn each day but not sure if it would last 9-12 months of that much use

Lived in a subdivision most of my adult life and only acquired some land in the country about a year ago . I find all of these projects really interesting and can't wait to get a few of mine going. So , I know very little on most projects and can add very little information to help any one out on a project

However, I do know computers I have been a computer tech since the days of DOS. (that's a long time ago) <Grin>

I can't tell you how to do your video lapse project ( would love to see it completed). But I can tell you that I am certain you will ruin a good laptop
and not complete your video lapse project with the method described.

I like the game camera idea. But that is just first glance.
I would put that laptop to use doing what it will do best , search the internet
for any an all ideas and design a plan.
Good luck