No electric: Alternatives?

/ No electric: Alternatives?
Wow! Information overload, and thats great. At this point I think I can exclude the manure idea, but thanks anyway. I am still looking into the web sites you folks have directed me to, and still trying to understand very informational post from Ed. It seems the best alternative is to go with propane frig, heat, stove, hot water, and will need electric for lights, well pump, and general purpose outlet usage. Will only run these when at the site. Will need to plumb so that when leave can drain all water lines. So, 7000k diesel gen would work just fine and last a long time. Still working on determing best value for the dollar. Based upon what I have read, it is more cost effective to run gen on diesel than propane. Franz's link has a ton of gen on it. Need to find a consumers type report on comparison of gen. Have not given up on the welder/gen idea. I am talking to local Lincoln dealer getting more info.

/ No electric: Alternatives? #42  
Re: Thinking Outside of the Box

Since you mentioned air conditioning, and since we are looking at alternatives here,
Find a Carrier or ThermoKing unit that will both heat and cool your living quarters, and replace the electric motor in it with a belt driven generator.
Since these units are thermostaticly controlled, with manual override, you'll have a diesel driven climate system that also provides electric for your other minor needs.

/ No electric: Alternatives? #43  
Re: Thinking Outside of the Box

Plus u can hang your beef halves in the living room.
Cut the meat up while watching TV /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ No electric: Alternatives? #44  
Noticed you were on line earlier this morning and sent you an email. Looks like you have gotten a lot of good info. Seems like propane with a smaller generator may be the ticket.

/ No electric: Alternatives?
Birdbath:
I think your conclusions are correct. Looks like you are up into the wee hours yourself.