Last brush cutting of year?

/ Last brush cutting of year? #1  

TigerfaninAR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 FEL, MMM
I know it varies greatly due to your area but when do you cut your field etc so you don't have to do iit again this year? Have seen some fields around here in central AR cut this week, seems a little early for this part of the country.

/ Last brush cutting of year? #2  
I know it varies greatly due to your area but when do you cut your field etc so you don't have to do iit again this year? Have seen some fields around here in central AR cut this week, seems a little early for this part of the country.

If it don't start raining here soon, I may have already cut the last time this year. :(

With normal rainfall, our vegitaion will grow until first frost. For us, that's usually late October or November.

/ Last brush cutting of year? #3  
Here in SW Missouri its very dry. I've already cut my pasture for the last time this year, mainly to prevent the ragweed from pollinating. Real grass growth has not happened due to lack of moisture.

/ Last brush cutting of year? #4  
My last cutting may have been back in May. The biggest weeds I have since then are some little purple flowing stuff about 24" tall and widely scattered over the field. The grass is still under 3" tall and mostly dead.

/ Last brush cutting of year? #5  
We are just now getting a little summer up here in the wet PNW now, with all the rain, and now in the 80's for the next two weeks, I know I will have the BH on a couple more times this year.

/ Last brush cutting of year?
I went ahead and cut the couple acres I was debating on and glad I did. All grass but had some areas that were very thick and as tall as the hood of the tractor. Definitely couldn't speed through. May have to cut again mid October but won't be bad.

/ Last brush cutting of year? #7  
In past years have cut in May and September. This year just going to cut in October and see how that works out. New plan is due to fear of Yellow Jackets. :shocked:

/ Last brush cutting of year? #8  
In upstate NY, we mow our fields for the last time in late Sept. That gives the grass time to regenerate some nice tender new growth, just in time deer season-lazy man's food plot!

Will

/ Last brush cutting of year? #9  
Still rehabilitating our previously neglected land, so I'll probably be cutting thru October (I've been cutting once or twice a month all year). Trying to keep down/wear out brambles, saplings, poison ivy and other such opportunists...

Nick