Help with Hydraulics

/ Help with Hydraulics
drichards, I farm for a living, mostly older equipment, do my own work, and have 7 different colors - er, brands - of machinery.

Welcome to my world. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Most of the time I need the parts, as rain is coming & $10,000 of crop can be in the balance. And I get to do the same tap dance. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The lesson is - persistance.

Valuable lesson when dealing with a mix of lawn & farm dealerships that don't always overlap in knowledge. Many a time I ask for things and am told it doesn't exsist. Usually it's sitting on a back shelf. You learn which of the parts guys to talk to (the busy one - who knows what's going on!) and how to ask the question to get the right reply.

I wanted a disk spool (part that holds the disk blades apart) one day, the parts kid said they didn't have any that old. I pointed to the dried flowers arrangement on the counter. The 'vase' they were using was the cone I needed.

--->Paul

/ Help with Hydraulics
When it comes in and if it appears that it is going to work, I will document the process with plenty of pictures to share the new knowledge. If it doesn't work I guess I will share that too because I will be at the 10 point of the frustration scale.

/ Help with Hydraulics
Thanks for the smile. I am glad to see that my trials are not unique to this world. I just wait for the day that I can recognize the "vase" for what it really is. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Help with Hydraulics
Rch: The kit has finally arrived and I hope to have it in with in the next couple of days. From reading the instructions all this kit appears to do is to tap into the pressure side, for pressure, and into the return side, for a return flow. When the rear hydraulics are not being used, there is a hose that connects the two. So, I assume that this will create a continuos flow of hydraulic pressure or flow - or simply it will be diverted out of the hydraulic system through a new line and then returned back to the tank with a new line.

Now, here is where I am still confused. Lets say that kit is installed, and I take the pressure line and run it into the new valve. I put this line into the "in" portion of the new valve and plumb the out portion of the new valve back to the return of the new kit. In my theory this should work. However, there is still the other opening labeled "PB" that I do not know what to do with. I am thinking that this could be plugged off and not used. I thinks that I would use this if I wanted to power another spool/valve in which case I would just T into the return.

Am I close, am I on the right tract or am I just sleep and hydraulically deprived?
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Help with Hydraulics #35  
drichards
Please read over my post that explains what the 3 ports are for.
Click Here.
<font color="blue"> I am thinking that this could be plugged off and not used. </font>
The PB port can be plugged. But it requires that original PB fitting be removed and a special plug be put in its place.