New Basketball Hoop

/ New Basketball Hoop #1  

buckeyefarmer

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4 BX23
The backhoe came in handy today putting up the new basketball hoop. Course it also came in handy digging the 4' deep foundation hole a couple months ago. The shot was all net!! Ended up using 21 bags of 80# concrete mix for the foundation.

Attachments

• basketballpole.jpg
    basketballpole.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 245
  • basketballglass.jpg
    basketballglass.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 148
  • basketballshot.jpg
    basketballshot.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 181
  • basketballhole.jpg
    basketballhole.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 181
   / New Basketball Hoop #2  
That ain't going anywhere, looks good.

/ New Basketball Hoop
concrete for the playing surface is a future project.

/ New Basketball Hoop #4  
Are you using a mixer for the concrete?

/ New Basketball Hoop #5  
Nice foundation and hoop set up, I have the ballasted one, some critter chewed a hole in and drained the water, I found it just in time before it fell on one of the vehicles. know it's filled with crushed stone and is good.

You may regret putting it in front of the garage though, the garage is gonna get beat up for sure.

And for those who have not bought a basketball hoop in a while, you would be shocked what they cost. Ain't like the old days where you just got the rim and fastened it to the side of the barn.

JB.

/ New Basketball Hoop #6  
Years ago, when my sons were young, I put up the obligatory BB Goal. I remembered all the windows my brothers and I had broken out of the garage door with errant shots, so I went to the side of the drive.

I realized that the boys would, in a very short few years, out grow the need for the goal. I fabricated a sleeve with a short tapered section at the bottom and 3 large set screws near the top. I concreted the sleeve firmly into the ground with top just a couple of inches below the surface. After the concrete set, I dropped the goal's post into the sleeve, tightened the big set screws, then leveled the dirt.

The goal did its job perfectly for years. When it was no longer needed, I just scraped back the dirt, loosened the set screws, and pulled the post out. I covered the top of the sleeve with some kind of plastic lid just in case it might be needed in the future (grand kids maybe?). Then covered it up. A handful of grass seed and a few weeks, you couldn't tell it was ever there.

The goal still resides in my basement waiting for some bundle of energy that needs an outlet.