Massey Sickle Mower

/ Massey Sickle Mower #1  

MIKE R

Elite Member
Tractor
Many
I got a old Massey - Harris sickle mower from my neighbor today. I have been looking for some information on it on the internet but have found nothing.
The model is a No.23. It has a 6 foot sickle on it.
Any info on this mower or similar mowers would be appreciated.

Last edited:
   / Massey Sickle Mower #2  
Hi Mike, is that a rear mount, or side mount? I have manuals for the 71 and 72 side mount dynabalance sickle mowers. They were intended for the MF35 to MF65 tractors. These manuals might be a little newer than what you're looking for.

Bye for now,

Troy Boyd

/ Massey Sickle Mower
It is a horse drawn mower. You are right with the manuals being a bit newer. Here are some photos of it from when I brought it home.

/ Massey Sickle Mower #4  
I got a old Massey - Harris sickle mower from my neighbor today. I have been looking for some information on it on the internet but have found nothing.

Hi Mike,

I found this link for sickle mowers which might be of some help.

Home page Webb's Sickle Service

I used to have a Massey Harris sickle mower #6 - which is also a six footer. Mine was made to hook up to a tractor (I think). Anyway I used it a few times and finally sold it when I sold my old MF65 a few years ago.

Hopefully the link might be of some use to you.

Cheers

Jim

/ Massey Sickle Mower #5  
Thanks for the pictures.

/ Massey Sickle Mower #6  

Look here...

Manuals Forum

/ Massey Sickle Mower
Thanks for the links. I couldn't find anything with them thought. Did some work on the mower this morning and on the same part of the mower as the model number it has L207 cast into it.

After looking over many pages on the internet I came across one picture of a No.23 mower.

/ Massey Sickle Mower #8  
Very cool old piece of equipment. Not trying to be a safety nut, but if you store it or set it up as a yard ornament, be sure to somehow lock the knife bar. They have chopped off many a finger and they don't ask you first if you want it chopped off or not. I worry about kids getting around mine so I park it pretty far from my house. When my kids get older, I'll have to figure out a way to "chock" it.