Food Plots Work Even Before Seed Sprouts

/ Food Plots Work Even Before Seed Sprouts #1  

wrflt

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 Kioti DK40SE w/ KL401 Loader
Just for fun. These pics were taken with my cell so they aren't real great.

This is a fresh food plot I put down with my Kioti a month ago. I plowed it with a 2 blade bottom plow, ran over it with a 6' tiller, seeded it, ran over it again. The next morning I sat over it and it was already attracting attention. The twin spikes are alerted to a bigger buck that came in from the other end. The "clumps" in the middle of the plot are actually wild turkey. There are 3 of them. They really put on a show for me. Great morning. Guess what happened to the bigger buck!

Attachments

• planted.jpg
    planted.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 366
  • twin spikes.jpg
    twin spikes.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 424
  • turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 401
   / Food Plots Work Even Before Seed Sprouts #2  
Great looking food plot. I'm thinking you have a spot reserved in your freezer for the "bigger buck"!

/ Food Plots Work Even Before Seed Sprouts
Great looking food plot. I'm thinking you have a spot reserved in your freezer for the "bigger buck"!

Well I thought this would generate more responses so I was waiting for other guesses about the "bigger buck". Since it looks like it's a dead post, I'll go ahead and answer your thought.

Yes, my freezer is ready for a bigger buck, and so am I. Actually, the season wasn't open yet so I had to let it go. I have seen him one more time since the season opened, but not at the same location, and he didn't present himself in a shootable situation. So....I'm still trying.

By the way, he has as best I can tell, at least a 20" spread. So far though, he hasn't let me look at him long enough to count points.

/ Food Plots Work Even Before Seed Sprouts #4  
Love the pic of the deer laying down in your food plot. Do they think you made a nice fluffy bed for them?

Eddie

Eddie...that's what I thought.

Creekbend...Mixture of soybeans, sunflowers, and something else that won't come to mind at the moment, but they wouldn't let them grow. As soon as anything broke the ground, it was immediately plucked.

/ Food Plots Work Even Before Seed Sprouts #7  
The turkeys will be taking "Dust baths" and eating the seeds before they can sprout..:thumbsup:

/ Food Plots Work Even Before Seed Sprouts #8  
Well I thought this would generate more responses so I was waiting for other guesses about the "bigger buck". Since it looks like it's a dead post, I'll go ahead and answer your thought.

Yes, my freezer is ready for a bigger buck, and so am I. Actually, the season wasn't open yet so I had to let it go. I have seen him one more time since the season opened, but not at the same location, and he didn't present himself in a shootable situation. So....I'm still trying.

By the way, he has as best I can tell, at least a 20" spread. So far though, he hasn't let me look at him long enough to count points.

Here in Virginia, we don't have Sunday hunting. I hunted pretty much all day Saturday, and didn't see anything. Sunday, while eating breakfast, saw a nice buck in my food plot (about 200 yards from the house). Guess he has a calendar!

/ Food Plots Work Even Before Seed Sprouts #9  
Oh they **** sure know what day they can roam free without Elmer Fudd hot on their asses!

Here in Virginia, we don't have Sunday hunting. I hunted pretty much all day Saturday, and didn't see anything. Sunday, while eating breakfast, saw a nice buck in my food plot (about 200 yards from the house). Guess he has a calendar!

I'm very familiar with your dilemma. I hunted for (4) days last week and saw nothing. Loaded up and came home. As I was pulling into my own property, I had to slam on brakes as to not spook off the 3 deer that were hanging out at my pond. That's when I began kicking myself for spending all that money on a lease, when I could fill my freezer while sitting on my front porch.

Oh well, I can't "get away" by hanging out at the house now can I?