Fixing a road

/ Fixing a road #1  

teg

Tractor
s
This wasn't much work... The ditches got full and some water was running down the road instead of the ditches... This is the upper section.

/ Fixing a road
This is the lower section... just dressing up the ditch.

/ Fixing a road #4  
Teg, did you grade it flat or put a crown on it? I can't tell by the pic's. My driveway is pretty steep, if I don't crown it the water just runs down the wheel tracks until it makes a gorge.

/ Fixing a road
Good eye :confused2: :) This section is on the list to be regraded once we move up there. There is a *very* slight crown and most of the water runs off except when the wheel "depressions" show back up.

When that happens I cut little side channels to help the water get into the ditches and use the dirt/gravel from the side channels to block the water from going down hill any farther.

/ Fixing a road #6  
Good eye :confused2: :) This section is on the list to be regraded once we move up there. There is a *very* slight crown and most of the water runs off except when the wheel "depressions" show back up.

When that happens I cut little side channels to help the water get into the ditches and use the dirt/gravel from the side channels to block the water from going down hill any farther.

Yep, that's how I do mine. It is one of those thing that will always have to be done. My neighbors driveway is as steep as mine. He had it tar and chipped 6 years ago($35K) and now it is in need of repairs. Steep grades cause a host of problems as the years go by.