Circular paver driveway

/ Circular paver driveway #191  
Small town you would reall want to check out this book.
stonework techniques and projects by charles mcraven great book many projects.
I also have the stonebuilders primer by charels long but many of the projects are covered by mcraven.

/ Circular paver driveway #192  
Thanks forgeblast I went to Amazon and placed it on my wish list for "Santa" to get!

/ Circular paver driveway
The Compass Rose is complete!

Finished late this evening. The totals for the Compass Rose are: 5,600 pounds of ready mix cement, 250 ft. of rebar, 20 bags of all purpose sand, 44 gallons of polymer sand, 1400 pavers and 700 cuts.

Estimate to finish the circle drive: 3 parts = 54' = 2,000 more pavers!

Attachments

• compass rose North.jpg
    compass rose North.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 355
  • compass rose NNW.jpg
    compass rose NNW.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 371
  • compass rose overall view.jpg
    compass rose overall view.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 506
   / Circular paver driveway #194  
The Compass Rose is complete!

Finished late this evening. The totals for the Compass Rose are: 5,600 pounds of ready mix cement, 250 ft. of rebar, 20 bags of all purpose sand, 44 gallons of polymer sand, 1400 pavers and 700 cuts.

Estimate to finish the circle drive: 3 parts = 54' = 2,000 more pavers!

WOOOOWWWW is about the only thing that comes to mind. Well done!

/ Circular paver driveway #196  
Don't know if this is useful information, but you can find true (not magnetic) north anywhere easily on any sunny day that you know the time at which "solar noon" occurs. Solar noon is half the standard time between sunset and sunrise at your location. That info is easy to get at weather sites, so you can do the math while drinking your morning coffee.

To establish a true north-south line, drive a stake in the ground that is toward the south-end of the line you intend to establish. At solar noon, stand to north of that first stake, line up a second stake with the first stake and the sun, drive in the second stake. The two stakes are now on a true north-south line regardless of your latitude, in the northern hemisphere of course. It's likely that the farther apart the stakes are, the more accurate it will be. Welding goggles will help :laughing:

/ Circular paver driveway #197  
That is really incredible looking, Don! Nice work!

/ Circular paver driveway #198  
Wow.........unlimited Wow factor there, Don. Awesome. Now all you have to do is keep folks from parking and dripping engine oil on it. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
hugs, Brandi

/ Circular paver driveway #199  
But what will you do for an encore?

Awesome work Don.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all on this thread.

David

/ Circular paver driveway #200  
Don, it is impressive looking. Will you have the other 3 section done when we pass thru after Christmas? My back is much better. Good for at least one section if it is not done. I need to be at our RV site on January 1.