Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota3030HST

Default Gold rush

Are these guys every going to strike it rich? All they do is spend, spend, spend and one hardship after another. Give it up boys....
    'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a
    well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy S... What a Ride!!

Tractor
    John Deere 317 (KT17 SII)

Its only TV. They have been getting money somewhere in the offseason......
    1979 John Deere 317
    With KT17 Kohler
    Jeff Shaw
    Brockway Trucks- Seldom Seen,Never Forgotten
    My Project Thread-http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...7-project.html

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Default Re: Gold rush

This should be in rural living or the Front porch?

But anyway the wife and i love the show, even if they dont find gold. Its like real life, except the part about them being on the last dollar. No way would they have been back if they had everything in it and did not make anymoney?

What i dont understand is that they keep saying they need 100ozs this season out of the Haufman mine to let the guys take home some "gold" or a paycheck basically. BUT if you use the ball park figure of $1700/oz for gold that would mean $170,000 cash that season asssuming they hit 100oz, the anouncer and Jack and his sons mark for the season. The anouncer keeps saying it takes $1000/day in deisel fuel to run. The season they say is 150 days. So thats $150K in fuel/repairs for the season assuming no big tearups like the final drive in the trackHOe. Ok that leaves 20K for the crew to split 6 ways including 2 owners shares. Thats assuming NO return to them for the initial equipment purchase or maintence upkeep? AND assumes no Split of the gold made with the claim owner, which they are NOT! Their numbers just dont make any sense. Seems like they need closer to 200ozs of gold for the crew to take even say 10-15K apiece home. This would allow the haufmans to recoup some of their investment in the equiptment.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    This should be in rural living or the Front porch?

But anyway the wife and i love the show, even if they dont find gold. Its like real life, except the part about them being on the last dollar. No way would they have been back if they had everything in it and did not make anymoney?

What i dont understand is that they keep saying they need 100ozs this season out of the Haufman mine to let the guys take home some "gold" or a paycheck basically. BUT if you use the ball park figure of $1700/oz for gold that would mean $170,000 cash that season asssuming they hit 100oz, the anouncer and Jack and his sons mark for the season. The anouncer keeps saying it takes $1000/day in deisel fuel to run. The season they say is 150 days. So thats $150K in fuel/repairs for the season assuming no big tearups like the final drive in the trackHOe. Ok that leaves 20K for the crew to split 6 ways including 2 owners shares. Thats assuming NO return to them for the initial equipment purchase or maintence upkeep? AND assumes no Split of the gold made with the claim owner, which they are NOT! Their numbers just dont make any sense. Seems like they need closer to 200ozs of gold for the crew to take even say 10-15K apiece home. This would allow the haufmans to recoup some of their investment in the equiptment.

Good point- There are alot of things that don't add up...

Tractor
    JD4300 HST 4WD

Did the 2nd season ever end? Did they hit the "glory hole"? There are so many reruns it's hard to keep track of the timeline. What night(s) do new shows air?

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by rekees4300 View Post
    Did the 2nd season ever end? Did they hit the "glory hole"? There are so many reruns it's hard to keep track of the timeline. What night(s) do new shows air?
    Manwhat kind of fan are you? New shows air 9pm i think on Friday. I have a DVR that tapes new ones. They had to move to a diff claim they are more mining the top layer above rock. They predrilled this year and proved to have gold, but so far not panned out, only found like 30 ozs i think? They have less than 50 days left. Start watching. The previous week episode plays before the current weeks, this is the way all their hit shows run on history discovery and TLC normally. If you catch the right day you can see the whole season one day when they run the old shows. I think either this last sat or sun was a gold rush day. You need a DVR it tells you the original air dates adn the show number. No way i could go back to no DVR. You so much more productive in tv watching. You can watch an hour show when you want to pausing and stopping it when you need, in 45 minutes, and you never have to worry about when it comes on as it tapes and you watch stuff as it tapes. The wife and i for several years now have almost never watched anything as its actually on the TV its always taped.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    JD4300 HST 4WD

Okay thanks for the info. The last new show I saw the Hoffmans were "on the gold" and had their first productive "clean out". Little disappointed in the first season. Wanted to see Jack and his trackhoe fall into the glory hole. That old geezer is INSANE with gold fever!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3800

Quote Originally Posted by rekees4300 View Post
    Haha. No, Dakota Fred is mining the glory hole this season. The Haufman's are in the Klondike.

I too love this show. Don't know why, but it, Axe Men, and Pawn Stars are my favorite 3 right now. I also have not figured out why they only need 100 toz for these guys to make any money. With the investments and fuel, I don't see how the Haufman's can break even at 100 toz, let alone the workers make a dime. I do like their misguided resolve though and chasing a dream.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

They are making a lot of money off the "tv program". There is ZERO way a bank would tell them go keep mining after making $20k to split all these different ways and they have all this machinery to pay back. I bet everyone of them makes at least $35k off it being on tv, and I bet they are paying for some of the equipment to keep the show going. I love the show, and like how they are really doing the work, and its not "dramatized" like some of these new shows, but the money side just doesn't add up...

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by Martian View Post
    They are making a lot of money off the "tv program". There is ZERO way a bank would tell them go keep mining after making $20k to split all these different ways and they have all this machinery to pay back. I bet everyone of them makes at least $35k off it being on tv, and I bet they are paying for some of the equipment to keep the show going. I love the show, and like how they are really doing the work, and its not "dramatized" like some of these new shows, but the money side just doesn't add up...
    I know a logger who met and talked to Bobby Goodson at a logging trade show. You know Owner of All terrain Logging on Swamp loggers. He said the initial contract was for 3 seasons, and that this next one he is negotiating to "get Paid". Yes i know he got paid before but in articles he has had interviews in in Southern logging times he has siad its not much and the headace of cameras producers and cam guys in the way and the "interviews" get old and are in the way. I doubt they can keep the show running off what there getting paid alone but im sure its whats keeping them going now.

Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast